Home Precious Metals
Options

"Stop barfing into weakness."

MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
Says Sinclair:

My Dear Friends,

I am amazed at the day later geniuses that send out dire warnings on gold. Selling against the upper two Angels was obvious. There is no top in gold.

Kenny places the odds at 50/50 that yesterday’s low was the low. He says that if it was not then the low is not far below.

I have never seen such capitulation among people especially in outrageously undervalued gold shares. Pros were dropping dead today. In bullion you had to walk close to the building to be safe from the golden flyers.

I have told you time and time again that gold will be violent in its exponential stage. What you have seen is nothing compared to what is to come. Truth be known, this kitchen is going to get hotter by the day so if you cannot handle the heat sell partially at each Angel until you have cut yourself back to the sleeping well size position.

For heaven’s sake stop barfing into weakness. Stop selling weakness and buying strength. That is a kindergarten type error.

Stop the margin. It will kill you. Stop watching every tick. That is certain to make you crazy.

You will in the future be very sorry you sold down to a sleeping position at Angels, but stopping pain is not an illogical purpose.

Respectfully,
Jim

I did feel a bit of nausea at the lows, but no expulsion, yet.....

Miles
Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a classic comment by one of the true masters.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    speaking of classic quotes, from Market Watch.com this morning:

"Many Fed watchers are of the opinion that top U.S. central banker Ben Bernanke shouldn't act to please stock markets."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>
    I have told you time and time again that gold will be violent >>

That's an interesting statement. I've heard that gold is pleasureable, but never violent. image
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "...this kitchen is going to get hotter by the day..."
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be getting use to "will be violent" stages of PM movement in the past few months.

I do sleep at night and do not want to be "sorry you sold down" in this market.

That being said, it is HARD not to sell at the wild swings and near tops and supposed highs and "this is its"; yet, I have followed Sinclair since 2001 and my loyalty has been rewarded!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    it was intersting to note that during the run to $1900+ the GLD ETF had a higher market cap than the S&P 500 ETF. VOLUME was no where close though.

paper and physical are different animals, especially for those like myself who only visit the zoo.

i'm done with the helicopter exhibits at the county fair.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All weekend I have got a kick out of this comment, and for that Miles, I thank you for sharing Jim's note image

Funny how all the rage is to buy when the slope is rising fastest and sell when the price hits an air pocket or two ... doesn't seem to matter what the vehicle (Gold, Silver, Stocks)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242