Home Precious Metals

Do we have fewer members here today?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hope there were no "bridgejumpers" yesterday...and my advice is stay away from tall building ledges...after all...it's only money. image

Comments

• zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    If you're jumping off bridges after a 5% drop following a 30% run, you should stick to CDs. image
    Zach
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna keep buying, 20 years till I think about retirement.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Gold is up 25% since July, we've gave back around 10.4%. I'd like to welcome the newbies to the PM markets, this has been the standard for over 10 years and it's not for the flipper of quick money as some may think.
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    I believe most, who are members on this forum or simply come to read, know not to be shaken out on the dips. Nothing has gotten better with the economy. Each day the hole gets deeper and we may be at a point that we will not be able to climb our way out.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 35,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• I jumped a crub yesterday on my trek bike, does that count?

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I'm still here.... the bull market in gold isn't close to being over.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I jumped a crub yesterday on my trek bike, does that count? >>

What's a crub?
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I jumped a crub yesterday on my trek bike, does that count? >>

What's a crub? >>

From an internet dictionary:

Definition of CRUB
    dialectal variant of crib

Why FistFullOfDollars would jump over a crib with a trek bike, I have no idea.

• 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering what I paid for my PM's years ago, I didn't even notice.

Steve, I think an appropriate analogy would be if the Phillies won 20 games in a row and then lost back-to-back games, would you consider jumping off a bridge?

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

<<< Rick Perry skyrockets to GOP frontrunner >>>

A headline such as this sure isn't going to help raise the price of gold. If Perry wins, in my opinion, I think there would eventually be $500 gold again...but of course it still is an "if"

<< <i>Considering what I paid for my PM's years ago, I didn't even notice.

Steve, I think an appropriate analogy would be if the Phillies won 20 games in a row and then lost back-to-back games, would you consider jumping off a bridge? >>

Perhaps a curb.
  • image ... crub

guess I should proof read my posts

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood

• << <i>Considering what I paid for my PM's years ago, I didn't even notice.

Steve, I think an appropriate analogy would be if the Phillies won 20 games in a row and then lost back-to-back games, would you consider jumping off a bridge? >>

He wouldn't jump off a bridge, but he would throw snowballs at Santa.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

ALL is good.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Is that Warren I see up there and the big banks waiting for QE3? They're just getting ready for the next round of "Diving for Dollars". lol
  • Trainspotting was on BBC America the other night. Near the end of the movie, the guys are celebrating in a pub and Begbie throws a hissy fit after a big drunk guy bumps into him by mistake.

The big drunk guy has a great line: "If you can't hold a pint, you shouldn't be in a pub"

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm gonna keep buying, 20 years till I think about retirement. >>

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    better hope those 20 years don't look like 1981-2001 for metals prices image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL ... yeah what a week ... volatility like the stock market

I liked it though ... I snagged a MHE (Modern Half Eagle) I wanted off eBay last night for 2% over spot delivered ... which considering my small budget stacking, was a nice pickup for me, and on what appears to be a good day (we'll see)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM 'stackers' are not for the faint of heart.

The trend is still UP, so we can all sleep well at night.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna keep buying, 20 years till I think about retirement.
    You should start thinking about retirement the first day you get your first decent job. I realize for some nowadays that isn't til they're in the 30's, but if you're fortunate enough to get a good job in your 20's...keep that job and max out the company match on your 401k from the first day that you become eligable to do so.

Take it from someone who's 45 now and wishes he would've taken this advice given to me long ago, because now I realize I'm going to have to work til I die.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Gold's low on Thursday was 1705.40

It's high on Friday was 1829.10