Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did anyone win anything from Memory Lane last night??

...I sure didn't. I thought the prices were a little high on some things....

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I didn't win the McCovey 8.5 that I was bidding on. I did think there were some decent deals on some Post War HOF RC's.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I won a lot of 52's...

seemed like a fair price...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Since I collect Jackie Robinson cards, I was naturally watching those auctions..

The '55 Topps Jackie Robinson Double Header went for $806... about $700 less than it went at Goodwin..

'55 Topps Jackie Robinson went for $284, which, even with the BP, is lower than that card has been going for on eBay.

Unfortunately, the one JR card that I was going for went for a bit higher than I was expecting (the '54 Journal American).
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Well, I guess I was looking at the wrong items then. 19% premium is kinda steep as well for buyer's comission, but I guess that is the norm now.
  • Options
    I won the lot of 448 1964 PSA 9's and the 64 Curt Flood 9. The auction didn't end until 3:15 Central time, crazy.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Here is what I ended up winning

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    All in all, I thought many lots sold pretty low. The up and mostly down stock market probably had some effect too.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i normally get smoked at mli auctions but i actually won some stuff.

i do not know if it was a fluke, the economy or people getting disenchanted with mli. i consigned with them last year and was underwhelmed. there may be more unhappy consignors this time.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    I won a box of 86 topps football wax, for 293 + 58 buyers fee. Still cheaper than a box at BBCE by 100
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I won the 1967 Topps Tillman PSA 10 for my 67 Red Sox team set.

This is a pop 1 card so I was not expecting to get it very easily.

Final price was $354 (before buyers tax), which is about half of what I would have expected to pay for it on ebay, so I was very pleased.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Can anyone explain the 64 Brock & Santo PSA 9 lot price of $1575 before the buyers premium?
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    I won the 71 Yaz PSA 9. Good addition to my Yastrzemski Basic Set. I needed the 64 Yaz in 9 as well but was outbid.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I lost on a Joe Louis rookie.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    i won the 71 munson.

• Options

<< <i>Can anyone explain the 64 Brock & Santo PSA 9 lot price of $1575 before the buyers premium? >>

I ran up the bidding on this one. I was willing to overpay a little, but it got too insane.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone explain the 64 Brock & Santo PSA 9 lot price of $1575 before the buyers premium? >>

Makes no sense at all unless a Brock collector really wanted it. I was watching that and was going to bid around 700 for it. That price is insance. I was also going to bid on the 66 Santo PSA 10. It sold for around 1500 plus the bp. The items I always watch and bid on go for crazy money. I wish for once my stuff would just sell for the opening bid like so many other lots.
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I did not even look at the auction. After getting charged $22 to ship 1 psa graded card that I bought for $180(with buyers premium) in their last auction, I told them to delete my account.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>I lost on a Joe Louis rookie. >>

That card went for much more than I expected. I recently sold my PSA 5 copy on eBay for $76 and still have my BVG 5.5. The Louis PSA 5 eBay Link was a crack out of a GAI 4.

I was watching this lot to see what the market was like. It held around $100 for a long time until the last day when it exploded.

Hook'em
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I got the 1975 Jose Cardenal 1 of 1 PSA 10
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I lost on a Joe Louis rookie. >>

That card went for much more than I expected. I recently sold my PSA 5 copy on eBay for $76 and still have my BVG 5.5. The Louis PSA 5 eBay Link was a crack out of a GAI 4.

I was watching this lot to see what the market was like. It held around $100 for a long time until the last day when it exploded. >>

I was in up to $377, but after that - I was happy to bow out. It's a tough card to find in PSA 8.5, but I already have two of the (PSA 5 and PSA 6.5) and I just couldn't justify paying over $500 for it.

I'm happy to see vintage boxing rookies selling for good money, though.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I bid on the 1935 National Chicle Bull Tosi PSA 6, but the winning bid was $3,117.80 with the BP. With CA sales tax and shipping, it would have been around $3,400.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I was in on the Tosi as well. Went higher than I was willing to go.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    To the under bidder on the 53 Podres RC PSA 8, PM me as I have one that I would be happy to sell at $1800 and you won't be paying a 19% VIG!
    The next bid on the 55 Robinson plus the BP would have pushed it above the recent sales prices on Ebay.
  • Options

<< <i>Since I collect Jackie Robinson cards, I was naturally watching those auctions..

The '55 Topps Jackie Robinson Double Header went for $806... about $700 less than it went at Goodwin..

'55 Topps Jackie Robinson went for $284, which, even with the BP, is lower than that card has been going for on eBay.

Unfortunately, the one JR card that I was going for went for a bit higher than I was expecting (the '54 Journal American). >>

Hey! I am the only one allowed to collect Robinson!

-Jason
  • Options
    lol Jason. Did you win any of them from Memory Lane? I couldn't believe how high the Journal American card went.

I'm still envious of you for having the Hocus Focus card. When you decide to sell it let me know lol.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won the 1968 Topps 3-D Ron Fairly card.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

<< <i>lol Jason. Did you win any of them from Memory Lane? I couldn't believe how high the Journal American card went.

I'm still envious of you for having the Hocus Focus card. When you decide to sell it let me know lol. >>

Nope, i didn't get anything, just watched. The majority is out of my price range. I really want a 52 in about PSA 5, can't even think about the PSA 8 that was on there. Would also like to upgrade my 53 PSA 6 to a PSA 7. Mostly I have been picking up cheap stuff off of eBay lately. Just got a nice 50's pinback, and I had won a 1962 Hall of Fame Luncheon pin for cheap, but the seller backed out, saying he lost it.

I will let you know when I want to sell my Hocus Focus. Or I should say, i will have my kids contact you after I die to sell it to you! LOL.

Take care,

Jason