Home Sports Talk
Options

Mike Vick looking like the POS that he is

LeroyLeroy Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
I'll bet the Philadelphia Eagles are having second thoughts about signing this loser after throwing three interceptions in a row tonight against the Steelers.

Comments

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    LMAO @ dream team.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-season NFL games mean nothing to a veteran football team with a veteran head coach...probably less than nothing.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Less about Vick. More about one of the best defenses in football.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    was it just me or did it look like Andy Reid gained a few lb's??
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Exhibition football. Yawn.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which I'd rather watch or care much about...the NFL pre-season games or WNBA games?

Okay, the NFL pre-season games. LOL
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>was it just me or did it look like Andy Reid gained a few lb's?? >>

\

That is what happens when you lose the big games. Depression must lead to him eating.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>was it just me or did it look like Andy Reid gained a few lb's?? >>

\

That is what happens when you lose the big games. Depression must lead to him eating. >>

are you insane? he's DOWN weight!
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    He is smoking his kids pot and given him the MUNCHIESimage
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I'm really surprised the Eagles didn't go after Rob Ryan.

That was Andy's only shot at being the second fattest man in Philly.
  • Options
    Well the almighty Mick Vick ain't looking so great right now. I guess the Giants broke his hand, too bad it wasn't his neck.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure Steve thinks they are still on track to win the Super Bowl!!image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's time to come up with another team nickname? Dream Teams usually don't have losing records LOL!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bark, bark, bark...woof, woof, woof, woof
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Less about Vick. More about one of the best defenses in football. >>

ONLY gave up 64 points in the past two games. LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    all that haters with their sad pathetic little lives appear to spew venom. hope it's satisfying.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The Eagles will go as far as Vick takes them.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken hand out for 3-4 weeks. I say Philly dont win a game without him...
  • Options
    Now they're saying that his hand isn't broken just bruised. A one hundred million dollar contract and he leaves the game because he got a boo boo. What a punk sissy.

Tony Romo left the game but then again, he had cracked ribs and a punctured lung.
  • Options
    Mike Vick definitely has a bright future as a commentator when he retires. He is quite an articulate and well-spoken individual. Certainly the equal of Mike Tyson, wouldn't you agree?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now they're saying that his hand isn't broken just bruised. A one hundred million dollar contract and he leaves the game because he got a boo boo. What a punk sissy.

Tony Romo left the game but then again, he had cracked ribs and a punctured lung. >>

Where are all the Jay Cutler haters bashing Michael Vick? Cutler had a completely torn ligament in his knee and he got shredded for sitting out, despite asking to come back in. Vick has a BRUISE on his non-throwing and nobody questions his toughness?

Tabe

p.s. I should note that I don't question the toughness of Cutler OR Vick. IMHO, both guys SHOULD have sat. And that the Cowboys should be getting blistered for allowing Tony Romo to play.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The Eagles will regret the day that they gave Vick the keys to their franchise. They really should have stuck with Kolb as their long term QB and dumped Vick. But the commish is involved somehow in this whole mess, and that would have made him look bad.

This Eagle team is going nowhere this season. Mark it down now.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vick has physical talents and abilities, but that alone will not insure success on the field and off the field. The mental/psychological/character side of a person also contributes to one's success of lack thereof.

In Vick's case, he suffered a huge penalty for his crimes [prison, loss of income, loss of assets, big debts]. He has been given a second chance to be a starting QB in the NFL. With a big contract comes big expectations. It is unclear if he will live up to the expectations, particularly since many people would like to see him fail.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have anything against Vick personally........just hate the eaglets!image They are losers. Always have been and always will be.image

And I love seeing them lose....I think I will be happy a lot this year.image

Where is Steve?????? If he waits until the eaglets are good we will never see him again. Especially after the Philly's fall again!image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Eagles will regret the day that they gave Vick the keys to their franchise. They really should have stuck with Kolb as their long term QB and dumped Vick. But the commish is involved somehow in this whole mess, and that would have made him look bad.

This Eagle team is going nowhere this season. Mark it down now. >>

Jerry, hey!

When are you going to change that avatar lol ......

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The Eagles will regret the day that they gave Vick the keys to their franchise. They really should have stuck with Kolb as their long term QB and dumped Vick. But the commish is involved somehow in this whole mess, and that would have made him look bad.

This Eagle team is going nowhere this season. Mark it down now. >>

Jerry, hey!

When are you going to change that avatar lol ......
    image >>

Dan, what's up bro! Hope all is well.

Hey, I look at that avatar and I can pretend it's still 2004. Believe me, I need that this season. image
  • Options
    The Philadelphia Eagles upper management should be ashamed of their actions. They hired a convicted felon guilty on several counts of animal abuse to represent their team in the National Football League. I guess it didn't matter to them what he was guilty of as long as he could perform and put asses in the seats or rather, money in their pockets. The funny thing is, the win at all cost attitude totally backfired. Vick has thrown interceptions, fumbled and just looked pathetic at times. Then there are the Eagles fans that actually support this loser. If I were a season ticket holder and they signed this convict for me and my family to watch I would have demanded my money back.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Duly noted Leroy. We get it. You hate Vick.
  • Options

<< <i>Duly noted Leroy. We get it. You hate Vick. >>

I'm not sure that you do because I don't hate anyone. I've realized that hate only wears you down, not the person that it's directed towards.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    How does Leroy feel about fights or fighters promoted by Don King?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How does Leroy feel about fights or fighters promoted by Don King? >>

Or TV interviews hosted by Larry King?

Tabe
  • Options

<< <i>How does Leroy feel about fights or fighters promoted by Don King? >>

I have absolutely no problem with Don King promoting fights/fighters. The difference here being that these fighters have a choice, they don't have to fight, walk away.

Good Lord, don't you see the difference?
  • Options
    From a Cowboy fan that likes nothing more than to see the divison rival Eagles loss. And certainly no Mick Vick fan..........

Its one thing to dislike him as a player. But your personal hate for a another human being that you have never met or really know anything about is almost as sad as Vicks mistake ( which he done his time for ) Unless you have some real FOOTBALL to debate... Put a sock in it and spare us the bleeding heart crap.
  • Options

<< <i>Duly noted Leroy. We get it. You hate Vick >>

<< <i> But your personal hate for a another human being >>

bigredneck, As I already stated in a previous response:
    I'm not sure that you do because I don't hate anyone. I've realized that hate only wears you down, not the person that it's directed towards

Slow down and try to comprehend what you read before responding, with a little practice you could fool you're friend(s) into thinking that you're intelligent.

• Options
    Like I said a while back ...
  • Options

<< <i>Like I said a while back ... >>

Im not sure what your seeing now but Vick has done nothing wrong since he got out of jail, he has kept his nose clean and is having a tough year getting beat up in the NFL...nothing more nothing less the way I see it.
  • Options
    When the Eagles made the pathetic decision to give this loser a contract, they kept another man from getting that quarterback position (fresh out of college, not prison). Not only that People who engage in animal cruelty are sociopaths and often go on to become serial killers.

Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Andrea Chikatilo all tortured and killed dogs and cats before moving onto killing people. And that's the way I see it.
  • Options

<< <i>When the Eagles made the pathetic decision to give this loser a contract, they kept another man from getting that quarterback position (fresh out of college, not prison). Not only that People who engage in animal cruelty are sociopaths and often go on to become serial killers.

Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Andrea Chikatilo all tortured and killed dogs and cats before moving onto killing people. And that's the way I see it. >>

• Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I would think that animal lover would like watching him play and getting hit and s..l..o..w..l..y get up. As an animal lover and depising a person personaly hurts an animal for any reason , I think that is watching a 300lb linebacker hitting him in his blindside is poetic justice.

He did the crime, did his time and now he is getting his life back together...with large people hitting him all the time. And you know that other players hit him extra hard for what he did.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>When the Eagles made the pathetic decision to give this loser a contract, they kept another man from getting that quarterback position (fresh out of college, not prison). Not only that People who engage in animal cruelty are sociopaths and often go on to become serial killers.

Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Andrea Chikatilo all tortured and killed dogs and cats before moving onto killing people. And that's the way I see it. >>

image >>

+1,000,000
  • Options
    I guess it is comical to some for me to imply that a professional football player would commit murder. Here's a few murderers that you may have not heard about:

Rae Carruth (Panthers - Hubert D. Thompson (Saints) - Jim Dunaway (Bills) - Tommy Kane (Seahawks) - Eric Naposki (Colts) - Anthony Wayne Smith (Raiders)

Honorable Mention - Ray Lewis and O.J. Simpson (Guilty as sin but not convicted)

A little known fact about Mile Vick - Ok, so Vick wasn't charged with anything, but Atlanta police were informed about the body of Thomas Melton, a man found murdered with a gunshot to the head. On Melton's property, investigators found 30 pit bulls allegedly used for dog-fighting. Records kept by Vick's "Bad News Dog Fighting" ring indicate that some of the dogs raised by Melton ended up in his dog fights. Again, it's just speculation, but the fact that there are ties between Vick and Melton could possibly indicate some foul play afoot.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess it is comical to some for me to imply that a professional football player would commit murder. Here's a few murderers that you may have not heard about:

Rae Carruth (Panthers - Hubert D. Thompson (Saints) - Jim Dunaway (Bills) - Tommy Kane (Seahawks) - Eric Naposki (Colts) - Anthony Wayne Smith (Raiders)

Honorable Mention - Ray Lewis and O.J. Simpson (Guilty as sin but not convicted)

A little known fact about Mile Vick - Ok, so Vick wasn't charged with anything, but Atlanta police were informed about the body of Thomas Melton, a man found murdered with a gunshot to the head. On Melton's property, investigators found 30 pit bulls allegedly used for dog-fighting. Records kept by Vick's "Bad News Dog Fighting" ring indicate that some of the dogs raised by Melton ended up in his dog fights. Again, it's just speculation, but the fact that there are ties between Vick and Melton could possibly indicate some foul play afoot. >>

Ofcourse its possible for anyone to commit murder, I honestly didnt know anything about the Melton story but in any case lets not get too carried away here. I get that you Hate Vick and I got no problem with that but the guy did pay his dues and has been totally fine since given a second chance, until he proves otherwise lets save the murder talk for if and when he does kill someone as you believe he will.

• Options
    I believe he already did -

It starts with the murder of a North Carolina man that sold Vick’s kennel dogs and that also fought some of his own dogs against Michael Vick’s dogs. This North Carolina man is also believed to be one of the men that provided evidence against Michael Vick before he was murdered.

Roy_Thomas_Bud_Melton-Connection-to-vickThis man was murdered about 8 days after federal authorities searched Vick’s Virginia home and started seizing evidence. The man was a drug dealer, but police found him dead in his home with a large amount of money and drugs on his person, which indicates that the murderer did not need the money nor the drugs.

Federal investigators and prosecutors have not been cooperating with the North Carolina sheriff responsible for this investigation. The Sheriff made a plea last fall to anyone that had evidence step forward. He also made a plea to the feds to share some of their evidence gained from the Michael Vick investigation so that the sheriff could rule Michael Vick and his co-defendants in or out as suspects in the murder. There has been no confirmation publicly that the sheriff has received any support from anyone (other than this blog) since then.

Why Didn’t Vick Comply with the Plea Agreement?

Vick received a 23 month sentence from the Federal Judge in this case and one of the reasons for the longer than recommended penalty included the fact that Michael Vick continued to thwart investigators even after he signed the plea agreement and admitted guilt. He gave contradictory statements about his own actions and involvement. He was caught using marijuana via a drug test. Plus, he did not give evidence as required in the investigations into dog fighting rings.

Why didn’t Vick give up other dog fighting gambling rings and the people involved?

Was Vick sticking to a gang banger mentality of protecting his friends? Was he trying to protect his future in the NFL by not outing other NFL players involved in dog fighting? Either could be possible but maybe there is something much more sinister going on here.

Michael Vick was involved in an illegal dog fighting conspiracy. He was involved with illegal gambling. A man involved in that conspiracy was murdered. If Michael Vick did not murder the man and if people working for Vick did not murder the man, then who murdered Bud Melton? Who would murder a dog fighting gambler and drug dealer that had done business with Michael Vick? Who would murder a person and walk away from tens of thousands of dollars in cash and drugs at the scene of the murder?

One of the most likely scenarios is that the person that murdered Bud Melton was not interested in money but in protecting themselves from exposure. By murdering Melton who may have been one of the people to provide some information to Federal investigators, someone silenced a federal witness. They also sent a clear message to other federal witnesses. Talk and you may die.

Vick had a lot to lose. He lost a great deal of money. He lost his career temporarily. He even lost his freedom. Michael Vick however did not give up any other people in the investigation. It appears that Michael Vick specifically chose to accept a longer jail sentence and the wrath of a federal sentencing judge that loves dogs, so that he would not have to suffer the consequences from someone that was more threatening to Vick.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    "He hates these cans, stay away from the cans!!" - Navin R Johnson
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Vick calls his critics "ignorant", which made me immediately think of this.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Happy birthday Mike!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he is enjoying the dog days of summer. image