Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official "August Group BBCE Box Break" Baseball/Basketball. Sold Out... New Baseball/Foot

Comments

• This waaaaaayyyy overboard, wow.

What am I supposed to do.... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I am in shock give me a moment or two.

WTF, my kids are asking me what's wrong, I said nothing but there are some amazing people in this world.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"

• << <i>

<< <i>My BBCE package has arrived today. >>

Without scans it didnt happen! image >>

There was nothing worth scanning, still a fun rip though.
  • daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today and ripped. A couple of nice hits. Will scan soon.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    Share that with your wife and kids Mike, you all deserve some happiness in your lives right now. Share some scans too! image
  • cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Mike,

I am glad the package arrived. It sounds like there is some serious rippage for this weekend.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

<< <i>Share that with your wife and kids Mike, you all deserve some happiness in your lives right now. Share some scans too! image >>

+1

I ripped my 4 packs of 1994 SP Baseball. No Arod, but I did pull this nice Derek Lee RC:

Then I ripped my 4 packs of '80/'81 Topps Basketball. I've been buying these packs over the years, whenever they have been part of the group rip, hoping to experience the thrill of pulling the Bird/Magic RC. I've probably ripped 20-30 of these over that time and finally hit one today. It's miscut, it's PD, and there's snow, but I don't care...I was a thrill just pulling the card from the pack:

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pull, Don! I know that feeling and it transcends any grade!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I ripped my 4 packs of 1994 SP Baseball. No Arod, but I did pull this nice Derek Lee RC:

Then I ripped my 4 packs of '80/'81 Topps Basketball. I've been buying these packs over the years, whenever they have been part of the group rip, hoping to experience the thrill of pulling the Bird/Magic RC. I've probably ripped 20-30 of these over that time and finally hit one today. It's miscut, it's PD, and there's snow, but I don't care...I was a thrill just pulling the card from the pack:

image >>

Very very nice Bird/Magic pull, darn print dots!!!

Any chance there is 2 in the box. One for the rest of us?

Joe
    I believe you can pull multiples from a single box.

• << <i>This waaaaaayyyy overboard, wow.

What am I supposed to do.... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I am in shock give me a moment or two.

WTF, my kids are asking me what's wrong, I said nothing but there are some amazing people in this world. >>

Hahaha... Awesome! Get to ripping, buddy!
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay

<< <i>This waaaaaayyyy overboard, wow.

What am I supposed to do.... >>

Well........,

You could rip-em or you could keep them unopened?

Decisions, decisions,

You better rip-em,

Oh, don't forget the pics.

Enjoy,

• fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>I ripped my 4 packs of 1994 SP Baseball. No Arod, but I did pull this nice Derek Lee RC:

image >>

Congrats. Thanks for sharing!
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Awesome Don, congrats!
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fur72, great pull on the Bird Magic.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I opened my 4 packs of 1975, let's just say they were nowhere close to the last batch we ripped. Allmost all MC, but I did hit the Nettles trifecta, Graig, Jim, and Morris! No scans will be presented this time! GL to the others.

------
    stupid print dots

Packs Arrived Today! This is as good as it gets, Going into the Unopened Box.

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Packs Arrived Today! This is as good as it gets, Going into the Unopened Box.

>>

BOOO!!!!!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Packs Arrived Today! This is as good as it gets, Going into the Unopened Box. >>

BOOO!!!!! >>

image Finally someone with self control!!!

Plus, we'll get to see you rip your packs Jarrod. image

BTW, those packs look great Matt. Are you going to eventually slab a wax pack run or mount them in a display case?
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
    This was a fun rip to say the least. Didnt get anythig major but some very gradeable cards.

Nothing too exciting in the first pack but a very nice Nash and J Oneil rook.

Second Pack a little more star power. Ewing, J Kid and Malone insert.

Third pack, garbage..

Last pack some very gradable cards. Jordan, Malone and Stack.

First pack of 94 SP

Second pack of 94 SP I got a nice Jordan HOLO view FX card. Its really sharp and the stripe jumps off the card at you.

79 OPC, got excited when I saw the Schmidt but the card is just terrible.

Second pack 79 OPC. Got a Yount but very OC. Mike Tyson is the best of the bunch.

Finally 2003-2004 SPX, noting special

It was great to do a group rip for the first time on a long time. Thanks to Mike for putting this together and Steve Hart for working with us.

Sorry for the double post but does anyone know what the "4 g " stands for on the 79 OPC packs? Like series 4?
  • mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    4 grams, the weight of the gum

------
    stupid print dots

• << <i>Sorry for the double post but does anyone know what the "4 g " stands for on the 79 OPC packs? Like series 4? >>

Weight of the gum inside
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭
    Just opened my 3 packs. I got 2 birds in one pack of 80 topps. But neither were his rookie or gradable. Still very happy to pull 2 in one pack. Got nada in the sp. Fun rip. Thanks for putting together
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    +1 to Matt for the unopened box!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

<< <i>TextBTW, those packs look great Matt. Are you going to eventually slab a wax pack run or mount them in a display case? >>

I don't know Mike, I kinda like the packs the way they are in a top loader and team bag. I wouldn't mind getting them slabbed, but fear gum sliding damage to the packs.
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Nice Jordans!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    I've also been ripping 80/81 Topps looking for the Magic/Bird/Erving card and for a second I thought I hit it. Not only did I miss but it was the top card and has the normal ding in it on the bottom. Still cool though.

"Molon Labe"

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭
    Got my 2 packs (77 & 78 OPC) yesterday, finally had a quick chance to look at.

Card #20 Pete Rose is clearly visable on the top of my 78 OPC pack.

Will figure out the players on back later, John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

Anyone else open any 75 OPC packs?

I'm thinking tomorrow will be a big scanning day. I sure hope it is for me!

<< <i>I'm thinking tomorrow will be a big scanning day. I sure hope it is for me! >>

Me too!!

Long way to MA for the Pony Express.

Joe
  • MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    I opened my 2 75 OPC and 2 SP baseball. Did not get anything noteworty in any of the packs. The best cards in the 75 were a 64 and 54 MVP. Several of the cards were very rough cut on the sides. In the SP the cutouts were Chan Ho Park and Chad Curtis. Plan on saving the 77, 78 OPC and the 80-81 basketball as I only had 1 pack of each of those.

Jim
    Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I decided to open the Finest first.

Here's the first pack, not bad.

• scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    Now we move on to the 80/81 basketball.

I didn't pull the Bird/Magic RC I was hoping for, but my 2 packs were Bird rich.

• 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
  • 1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    sorry about the doble post yes grote i opened mine but nothing good and more than half the cards were way off center...nothing worth grading..
    Nice Kobe RC and Bird hits!

<< <i>I've also been ripping 80/81 Topps looking for the Magic/Bird/Erving card and for a second I thought I hit it. Not only did I miss but it was the top card and has the normal ding in it on the bottom. Still cool though.

image >>

Wow, so close. Hopefully next time will be the one.

A huge box from BBCE just showed up at work. It's so heavy, I don't think I can get it into my office without a dolly. But I did order a wax case and some boxes as well. image
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I bought 2 packs each of '77, '78, and '79 OPC baseball for this rip, opened one pack of each, and thought I'd share.

The '77's were clean but centering was off. A Dave Winfield was the biggest star in my pack.

The '78 pack I opened had 3 HOF's!! Great looking cards with very sharp corners. Centering was descent, cards just have a little tilt. Someone may
    very well pull a nice Murray or Molitor out of their packs, just wasn't me.

My '79 pack was the most brutal. Centering was bad. The nicest card I got centering-wise and star power was a George Brett, and it has a small surface wrinkle.

The other 3 packs are staying unopened and going on the wall, at least until I have too many Budweisers some night.

Fun rip to be a part of, looking forward to the next one already.

shawn
  • nendeenendee Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    Got my 2 80/81 hoops packs. Nothing major. Can anyone explain the tiny bottom left ding that is always on the first/second card of these packs?
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Got my packs tonight. I had 2 each of the 75, 77, 78, 79 OPC. I opened one pack of the 75s as it was not sealed. The cards were very badly off-centered. The biggest names were Sutton and Fingers (both nearly miscut).

I think I will keep the rest sealed for a rainy day.
    Joel
    I opened my huge box BBCE before I left work tonight but as I'm trying to video my better rips, I only opened one pack: an '81 Donruss. Those were the first BB cards I remember owning so I was hoping for a Ron Oester (my first ever card). No luck, but I got 3 or 4 HOFers (do we count Pete Rose or not?) in that pack.

Who wants to see a video of me breaking an entire case or '91 Score boxes?

No one?

• I'm trying to remember... Was that Jose Offerman? Could be off a year or two, but comes to mind.

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • I got 2 packs each of '78 and '79 OPC... here's the best of the bunch. The '79 packs were nothing but commons. I thought about keeping 2 of them sealed and holding on to them... oh well. image Gotta love those fuzzy edges... are these even remotely worth grading? Also, the Andre Dawson was the gum card. It came off pretty cleanly with no stain, but a few flecks of pink remain.
    imageimage

imageimage
    A SWING AND A DRIVE!

For Sale on eBay