Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Is there anything I can do about this?

Hi,

My dad stopped off at our local card store and bought a few packs of 1999 Upper Deck Century Legends, and opened them and pulled this...

There is obviously supposed to be an autograph on here, but there isn't, haha! Can I write to Upper Deck about this? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
R-Mac

Comments

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Got a sharpie?
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I think Yogi had these..................

Link
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
    I would contact UD and see if they will reimburse you if you send them a receipt for having Yogi sign it.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Have PSA grade it. It will most likely be a 1 of 1 image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    That is "Epic."

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty good Yogi joke, though.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Maybe Yogi printed his name instead.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    image It could be red light readable only. image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    WoW! Maybe Yogi thought if he signed his name then the card would be like an autograph, but only different? image

Got to love Yogi
  • KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Nobody signs autographed cards anymore.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's the old disappearing ink trick - spies used to do this all the time.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    For that set, Yogi was one of 4 players that were supposed to have "exchange cards" in the packs (not the autos) which you had to send to Upper Deck to get the actual auto card.

The advertised deadline to send in the exchange cards was December 31, 1999.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I didn't really sign everything I signed.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    aw fork.
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    It's not a redemption card. What you have is probably a 1of1 error card. Since Mr Berra is still alive I would sent it to him with some cash and an explanation and see what happens.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I would contact UD. I am interested to say what they will do for you.
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I believe that's called a Yogi Berror.
  • kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't really sign everything I signed. >>

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Typical of UD.

Sorry this happened to you.

Good for you.
  • So I've emailed Upper Deck twice with no response. Should I call, or would it be a waste of time?

Thanks,
    R-Mac
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    The card expired 12 years ago......I can only assume this is their way of letting you down easily. I would just contact Yogi's foundation and arrange for him to sign it!! That way you will get the best of both worlds.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

• << <i>The card expired 12 years ago......I can only assume this is their way of letting you down easily. I would just contact Yogi's foundation and arrange for him to sign it!! That way you will get the best of both worlds. >>

I highly doubt "it is their way of letting you down"

The card is NOT a redemption, it was inserted into the pack (hence the CoA), give them a call and give em hell.
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    For those who are advising sending this card to Yogi.....why? Its a $36 card with the sig. Might be worth a lot more as a unique error card.

What the card is supposed to look like.
  • mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Sean...he isnt going to get anything sad to say!!

This is a 12 year old product and they are under no obligation to make it right for him. They might, as a gesture of good will throw him a bone, but more than likely he will get nothing and have to like it!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭
    It's probably worth more as a rare variation than it would be actually signed.