Home Metal Detecting
Options

just bought the...

i know this is,nt really detecting, but i bought the Breen encyclopedia book today. anyone here own this? have wanted it for awhile, but struggled with the stiff price tag.

to make this post revelant to the topic, i have recently discovered 2 dumps. have found alot of cool doodads. will post some other time

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite a sad end, the guy knew more about coins than any person alive. Good buy! Keep us updated!
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not have it... however, it is a great reference book. There are some things that have changed, but well worth having. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i picked one up a few years ago and was hesitant to get it but in the end im glad i did. its got alot of great referance stuff in it. im sure youll be glad you did get it. happy journies thru it image. let us know how ya like it
  • Options
    my local dealer has every book you can imagine. i've thumbed through his copy many times. the next one i need is the noyes LC books. can't wait. can't detect all the time. gotta get some reading in too.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have a nice copy and paid about $100 ten years ago. Prices have continued to climb. However,
    if you are patient you can pick up a copy off ebay at considerably less. My niece just got hers last month
    for $70 delivered and it was like new with dust jacket and all. She watched and bid on about 100 copies
    before she finally snagged this one.

Good investment and the read is forever!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Breen Encyclopedia, and, more in line with the detecting thing, I've got Bowers' American Coin Treasures & Hoards. That is some fun reading.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the Breen Encyclopedia, and, more in line with the detecting thing, I've got Bowers' American Coin Treasures & Hoards. That is some fun reading. >>

oh yeah, i forgot about that book. it is a nice read. thanks for jarring the memory ( whats left of it anyway ) image