Home Metal Detecting
Options

Ever *bury* something for fun?

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got a $6 1964 Peace Dollar replica off of Ebay a few months ago and after the novelty wore off I buried it one the sidelines of a local soccor field. I hope someone gets a good ten seconds of adreneline before they realize that it's a fake. image

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buried a couple of penny caches as a kid, and went back to dig one of them up a year or two later. A few are still out there.

As a detectorist, I've come across quite a few of these "kiddie caches", too- you can often tell 'cause they're usually accompanied by a marble or two, or maybe a toy soldier or dinosaur, or an interesting foreign coin.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... buried some stuff as a kid..... probably still there. Found some small coin caches (cents and nickles - and yes, with a Cracker Jack toy). Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, when i was a kid. i buried some quarters along with some marbles. they were still there 30 year later when i found them. guess i forgot about them when i found them. life is good image