Home Metal Detecting
Options

Nothing too exciting, but we needed a new thread with some finds...

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
My July finds were better than June, but still nothing to retire on! Got out a few times to a school yard and church. The school has been very good for modern coinage, but my heart still lies with the older coins. Was able to get three silver dimes this week and two buffalo nickels (not sure where I put the other buffalo but I'll search around). The non-stained Merc and Roosie were right next to each other - I suppose that's the least coins needed for a pocket spill.

Both buffalos are 1920.

Not sure what the BENJI thing is. A dog tag?

HH all, and please post some finds, ask some questions, or something. Let's get this section more active!

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great... some nice silver there... ground is hard as granite here.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any silver is always a good thing
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough silver eventually pays for a new detector!!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure what the BENJI thing is. A dog tag? >>

Indubitably. And a "Benji" who probably predated the 1970s cute-dog movie of the same name.

Silver-silver-silver! Looks nice to me.

I haven't seen the flash of a silver coin in the dirt since... uh... geez... it's been so long I can't remember.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.