Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Macho Man Custom 1974 Topps baseball card in the Reds Hall of Fame

2»

Comments

• Options

@mlbfan2 said:

@Jshortt said:

I have 5 of the physical cards that were gifted to me by the guy that made them, and the one at the HOF as well as the signed ball were donated by me.

Could you post a scan of the back of the card?

Scanner is shot, but I'll try to take a decent pic of the back later when I have a chance. I believe he told me he only ran about 20 or so. He still has most of them. He gifted me 5, and I believe Randy's family has 1 or 2 for the help with the original signature.

• Options

Here are mine, minus the one that's in the Reds HOF...

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

For someone who supposedly busted his butt, it is amazing how the backs are exactly the same? I wonder when he made HIS card in comparison to the OP?

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    edited November 19, 2016 9:41PM

Well, obviously only ONE of these two gentleman is the original creator of this card. Let's hope credit is given where due.

Edited to add: Why the hell would someone try to pass off a card as something they created if that was not the case.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

@Dboneesq said:
    Well, obviously only ONE of these two gentleman is the original creator of this card. Let's hope credit is given where due.

Edited to add: Why the hell would someone try to pass off a card as something they created if that was not the case.

Your guess is as good as mine, man...on either side. Not sure what to think.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@Jshortt said:

@Dboneesq said:

Your guess is as good as mine, man...on either side. Not sure what to think.

Maybe the guy that gave you the cards is actually Stadium1978 (the OP)?

• Options
    Stadium1978Stadium1978 Posts: 173 ✭✭
    edited January 26, 2018 10:55PM

@Jshortt said:

@Stadium1978 said:
    Originally posted by: brendanb438
    Used with your permission?? Any credit given to you on the display if not with your permission?

They really don't need my permission, and that's perfectly fine with me! I think it's cool they have had it on display!

Sorry to gravedig, but just came across this thread. Hate to burst your bubble, but the card that's in the Reds HOF isn't your image, nor was it sourced from yours. I know the guy that made it from scratch and printed it, and he busted his behind on it. Sourced the signature from a family member, and scoured for any stats he could find. I'm not trying to belittle your work, which is amazing. I just wanted to clear things up a bit. Strange coincidence, for sure, but the physical card is definitely the work of another person.

Sorry for the necro, but I apparently missed this development. Your photos actually prove to ME that it's based on my card. That's exactly what the back of the card I made looked like (including the error). I never printed any copies of the card myself. It's possible that your friend duplicated my card, but I'm guessing he just downloaded my file and printed it (it looks like a great print job, BTW).

The signature was sourced from here:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions/AuctionItem?AuctionId=65225&t=Closed&p=0

His stats can easily be found here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=poffo-001ran

Also, I noticed that someone is selling them on Ebay again. It is NOT me.

The closest thing I have to proof is this Facebook post from August 2nd 2011. It is from the first time I posted it online. It's posted to the baseball card store that I'm a manager at.

https://www.facebook.com/TheStadiumBC/photos/a.171914893480.116472.166857613480/10150268089278481/?type=3&theater

There isn't any fame or fortune to be made from this, so I'm not mad about it or anything like that. It is weird that someone else would take credit for my work though (and kind of flattering at the same time).

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep i noticed some while flipping around ebay tonight

• Options
    scott6649scott6649 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 18, 2018 10:23PM

Probably beating a dead horse at this point.. But this is my contribution. He was a Cardinal for longer than he was a Red so I feel like that should be acknowledged.