Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Best bank find?

09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
Over the years, what has been your best single bank find? For me it was $100 face of WLH.

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    190$ face in silver about 6 or 7 years ago. sadly I didnt hold it after silver hit 10.00
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • Options
    22 Silver Coins yesterday, all halfs. 7 @ 90% and 15 @ 40%. Turned it into $180 in trade/cash.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 full roll of Uncirculated 1964 Kennedy Halves back in 2001, just before 911....remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797
    A couple rolls of 2007 Washington MEL's.......image

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1864 Bronze IHC (VF+) & 90% silver El Salvador 25 centavo while searching penny rolls...
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Trump! >>

i remember logging after lurking just to post to this

ICFBSLTHimage

Eric i remember your great finds as well over the yearsimage
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    wow! Nada for me!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One bag of Silver Dimes $500 face and that is what I payed I wish I would have keept them. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    wo rolls of uncirculated 64 Kennedys
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    a pair of 2$ bills image
  • Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few that stand out from the last couple years. A Maine and a Stone Mountain commemorative, a holed 1834 capped bust and one happy day I scored 29 rolls of 90% halves. Most were Walkers and Bens and a single roll of 40%. The funny part was how the teller thanked me so much for taking them and was actually laughing at me. I figured she was laughing because she knew they were all skunks but I was in for a shock. Roll after roll of old silver.

Jim
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    About 4 months ago, maybe less I bought 60.00 face of halves and got 40.00 90% and 10.00 40%.

Good for you.
  • Options
    1906 D $5 gold piece for $5.
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    An 1863 CWT in AU condition found in a roll of wheat cents I got from the bank back in the 70's.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1906 D $5 gold piece for $5. >>

Nice!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 15 years ago, face value exchange, $1000 bill and a $500 bill. (long gone from my possession)
  • Options
    frnklnlvrfrnklnlvr Posts: 2,750
    One of my favorites was finding four John Adams $1 rotated dies. The rolls came from two local banks. If I remember correctly the degree of rotation for each was 145, 120, 90, 60. All except the 90 degree were CCW rotation.
  • Options
    partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    This is obviously were Ms. Langbord chimes in with her fathers 33 double eagles. image
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    My best bank find belongs on the currency forum. But it was a 1954? $100 star note. I sold that on eBay for an 80 dollar profit the next day. I had no idea about star notes. I just saw this asterik (er maybe it was a star actually haha I don't remember) on this bill after making a large withdrawal...flipping through the bills. I called my dad and he explained.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A couple rolls of 2007 Washington MEL's.......image

image >>

You got me Eric. Your's was an awesome find!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 1966 I was 12......got a roll of dimes to look for Roosevelts for my blue Whitman. Went over to the desk and opened the roll......all late date Mercury dimes in VF-XF. Went back to the teller and we looked at the ends of the other rolls......no mo......image
  • Options
    I personally can't top any of these, but my dad might, he used to go to the bank and buy rolls of silver dollars at face. Of course, many of us are old enough to remember those times.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found a Barber half in VG in one roll of half dollars and several buffalos in VF+ while hunting through some nickels.
  • Options
    <<I personally can't top any of these, but my dad might, he used to go to the bank and buy rolls of silver dollars at face. Of course, many of us are old enough to remember those times.>>

I never saw a roll of dollars until I bought some paper rolls and made my own. The ones the bank had were all loose in a bag. One bank use to get bags of 50 from the Fed. Bags of 1,000 were the biggest.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file