Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group crossover sub is ON (POPPAGE as of 11/22)

I've accumulated a few SGC cards that I need to crossover to PSA. I am interested in organizing a group crossover sub if others are interested to help alleviate the burden of PSA's onerous shipping charges. I can organize or I'm happy if someone else wants to organize also. Either way.

LMK,
Michael

Current List as of 8/25:
Mcadams-5 RECEIVED
Hammerfan44- 3
Bighurt2000- 12 RECEIVED
Jwgators-5 RECEIVED
Hookem-5 RECEIVED
DialJ-5 RECEIVED
ScottieC2288-5 RECEIVED
LarryP- 4 RECEIVED
CopperJJ-5 RECEIVED
Burke23- 4 RECEIVED

Total- 53
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    Michael,
    I would be interested I have about 10 to 20 cards looking to cross over.

James
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Great. Price break once we get to 50 and another once we get to 100. Got a few PMs as well. We seem to be @ 28 cards as of now.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im interested, but I only have one I would like to cross.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one.
    Mike
  • Options
    Bump. We seem to have 30 here. I think we need 50 before we get a price break. Anyone out there have an SGC or BGS they'd like to crossover into a PSA slab?

• Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I probably have about 5 or so that I would like to sub.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    What are the parameters? Size of cards...value....
  • Options
    Is this still on?
    Mike
  • Options
    bighurt2000bighurt2000 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 12 total let's make this thing happen come on people let's get 50 cards together
    and send them in.

Michael lets get a confirmation list going at the top to see what we have so far.

James
  • Options
    A few people PM'd me. Let me make sure everyone that PM'd has also posted.

• Options
    Does anyone have experience crossing over a modern BGS 9.5 card that has a 9 for centering? If they generally crossover to a PSA 10, I can add a few more.
    Mike
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    PM sent.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Am getting the details from Carol. Trying to confirm that we can do crossovers under the August special and get the $5 price (we'd need 50 cards). Otherwise, we'd submit under the normal bulk sub and get an $8 price (would also need 50). Also, I plan to mail this off the last day or two of August, so need to mail me anything just yet. More details to follow.

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be back next Friday (8/19), so if you PM me and I'm slow to respond, its because I'm checking CU sporadically next week. Thanks.

• Options
    Here are the preliminary details: Crossovers are allowed in the August special. If we get to 50 cards, they will be only $5 per card. Only cards that will fit into a normal size PSA slab are allowed (no tallboys), and only cards with declared values of $100 or less are allowed.

I will give the board another week to see if we can get to 50 cards. We are already at 35, so I am really hoping we can make it. PM me if you have questions.

-Michael

• Options

<< <i>Here are the preliminary details: Crossovers are allowed in the August special. If we get to 50 cards, they will be only $5 per card. Only cards that will fit into a normal size PSA slab are allowed (no tallboys), and only cards with declared values of $100 or less are allowed.

I will give the board another week to see if we can get to 50 cards. We are already at 35, so I am really hoping we can make it. PM me if you have questions.

-Michael >>

I will ask this to the board instead of a PM.

What does "declared value" mean? Is this just for insurance purposes? For example, three of the cards I was hoping to submit are:

Wilt Chamberlin rookie BVG Authentic. I actually cracked this out of a BCCG 6.
    Ernie Banks rookie BVG 1.5 -- raw purchase
    Jackie Robinson Leaf rookie BVG Authentic -- raw purchase

In addition, I would like to cross my BVG Clemente rookie from it's 3.5 case to PSA
    Hook'em
  • Options
    jwgatorsjwgators Posts: 460 ✭✭
    I am interested. I have a handful Of modern cards that I would like to cross from BGS to PSA. Anyone have experience crossing BGS 9.5s to PSA 10s?
    Joel
  • Options
    Here are all details of PSA's August special that the crossovers would fit under:

Collectors Club Special #2

$5 per Card – 50 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non Sports Cards - 1964 thru Present - Valued Under $100 each.

This special is for cards valued under $100 each. The turnaround time is approximately 45 Business Days.

Regular sized cards only for this submission.

Hurry! All orders must be postmarked between 08/01/2011 - 08/31/2011

• Options
    Hookem,
    The answer to your question is....there is no answer; because the answer seems to change from one person to the other. A raw NM-MT Claude Raymond from 71 would be like $10; but in reality that bad boy is like $1000. It is supposed to be for insurance purposes only from what I understand. If the grading is truly 100% anonymous and without any form of bias then you can send your whole high # run of 52 topps in NM-MT condition in a bulk sub. I've tried to send in higher dollar cards in on bulk subs and honestly the results are not good. Many EOT and minimum size. I believe red flags are raised at CS. My advice is your Clemente rookie would not be a good choice for a bulk sub; but per the declared value send it in and declare at $99 along with the 52 Mantle.

Mickey71
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Declared value and actual value are two different things. Most bulk subs are based upon actual value, or realized value once slabbed in X condition. Hence, a Claude Raymond might be a bulk common in PSA 6, but not be applicable for a bulk sub as a PSA 8. Trying to drop in a bunch of higher actual value cards may get the order flagged, delayed and repriced...
  • Options

<< <i>Declared value and actual value are two different things. Most bulk subs are based upon actual value, or realized value once slabbed in X condition. Hence, a Claude Raymond might be a bulk common in PSA 6, but not be applicable for a bulk sub as a PSA 8. Trying to drop in a bunch of higher actual value cards may get the order flagged, delayed and repriced... >>

Good point, Scott. Thx. I think there is probably some leeway here, because no 2 people put the same value on any card, but lets try not to push the envelope TOOOO far.

• Options
    Got a few PMs over the weekend. Looks like we are up to 39. Need 11 more before we get the $5 per card crossover price. Anyone else?

• Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    I have 3 cards I would like to crossover.

Thanks for putting this together.

-Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Mike

I sent you an updated PM regarding shipment.

James

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Regarding the declared value issue. The card I want to submit is probably around $500 in SMR. Do you think this will cause issues? I don't want to screw it up for the group.
    Mike
  • Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 or 3 sgc cards i would like to crossover if you have room...
  • Options

<< <i>Regarding the declared value issue. The card I want to submit is probably around $500 in SMR. Do you think this will cause issues? I don't want to screw it up for the group. >>

I will check with Carol and get an answer on this. If there is a risk that it will screw up the order for everyone else, we'll put a hard $100 cap on what can be submitted. I think the answer is going to be that the $ only relates to the insurance proceeds you'll get if the package gets lost in the mail or destroyed by PSA. Will let you know.

• Options
    OK, this group sub is officially ON as we've passed the 50 card mark. If you are on the list above, I am sending you my home address later today. Go ahead and get the cards in the mail soon. My package to PSA will be sent out on Wednesday, August 31st, which is the last day that mail can be postmarked for August special #2. I would strongly prefer that all cards arrive to my house no later than Saturday, August 27th.

Shipping costs to and from PSA will be allocated to the group based on the # of cards that you submit. Shipping costs from me directly to you will be whatever it cost me at USPS to mail you the cards. I will send you a separate PM with how much you owe me for grading costs and shipping costs. I am going to pay everything out of pocket on the front end and will ask that you pay me via paypal gift AFTER the cards have arrived back to me and I've determined the actual cost of shipping you your cards. PM me with any questions.

Reminder of rules:
    1) No tall boys. This is only for cards that will fit into PSA's standard slab.
    2) 1964 through present.
    3) Value of card at or around $100 or less. Yes value is subjective, but for now don't send me anything that you think really could be worth much more than about $150. Even if Carol comes back and says higher value cards are OK, I want this transaction to be smooth, so lets leave out the high dollar stuff for the benefit of the group.
    4) This sub is for Crossovers only. This is not a Review sub. PSA doesn't allow you to mix Crossovers and Reviews.
    5) Your cost will be $5 per card plus an allocation of shipping/handling charges to be determined later.

I am not capping the # of cards to submit, so if you still have a few that you want to add, please send me a PM.

• Options
    Anyone else?

• Options
    I've PM'd each of you my address. Please send cards this week, as I am planning to send package to PSA on Saturday 8/27, or at the latest 8/31.

Still have room for others if you have Crossovers. We are utilizing one of the August specials to get a $5 per card price. PM me if interested.

• Options
    Bump. Anyone else? Last call....

• Options
    Although most of you that I've spoken with are planning to have your cards crossover to PSA slabs regardless of grade, there is an option by which you can provide a "minimum grade" for your card. If PSA decides your card would not meet your stated "minimum grade" then they'll return the card in your original slab. If you want to use this option, please send me a PM with the card and minimum grade description. Note that you still pay the fee, even if it doesn't cross to a PSA slab.

• Options

<< <i>Although most of you that I've spoken with are planning to have your cards crossover to PSA slabs regardless of grade, there is an option by which you can provide a "minimum grade" for your card. If PSA decides your card would not meet your stated "minimum grade" then they'll return the card in your original slab. If you want to use this option, please send me a PM with the card and minimum grade description. Note that you still pay the fee, even if it doesn't cross to a PSA slab. >>

My cards are going out Monday via priority mail. I need to make a few changes due to the value cap.

I do want to put min grade on mine (probably 1/2 point below current). I know I am being a pain in the ass but can I ask for no qualifiers on mine?
    Hook'em
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Cards are in the mail, thanks for your time.
  • Options
    All-

I've gone through the packages that have arrived to date, and I have everyone's cards except for 3 of you. I've noted on the introductory post whose cards that I've received. Plan is to send out Saturday, so pls PM me and let me know that your cards are in the mail if you aren't already labeled as "RECEIVED"

Thanks,
    Michael

• Options
    Package was received and logged into PSA today. Status is "OK". Submission # is 512302.

-Michael

• Options
    Thanks for the update and sub# Mike, much appreciated
  • Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    Just wanted to provide an update since I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I checked the order tonight and it is "still being processed". Will let you know once grades are posted and the package is en route and will send you a PM with what you owe.

• Options
    Thanks for the update.
    Joel
  • Options
    I did not take part in this; but would love to see the grades when they pop. Crossovers are always interesting. PSA is generally very tight with them. Good luck to all who submitted.

Mickey71
  • Options
    Hi Mickey, how are you feeling? I sent 5 for crossover because i never did it before, i usually crack out so i am curiouse what they come back too..I would guess they would come back same or down .5 to1 point, we'll see..
  • Options

<< <i>Package was received and logged into PSA today. Status is "OK". Submission # is 512302.

-Michael >>

So is this the week?
    -Larry

eBay Auctions
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    This should be close to popping. Hope it's good.
    Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Anyone? This has to have popped by now, right?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    Is there any poppage in our future? I can hardly wait to see the results. BTW, in order to view the submission number, there has to be a submission zip code or you cannot view it. Can it be provided??

• Options
    I had some more to crossover but wanted to see how this went..so far no good i think i'll just crack out for now on!!!
  • Options
    18527404 MINT 9 1992 FLEER EXCEL 2 CHIPPER JONES Card USA
    18527405 MINT 9 2003 TOPPS CHR. TRADED T209 BRIAN McCANN XFRACTOR Card USA
    18527406 MINT 9 1987 DONRUSS 36 GREG MADDUX Card USA
    18527407 MG: MINIMUM GRADE 1984 TOPPS NESTLE HAND CUT 202 BOBBY COX Card USA
    18527408 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1991 TOPPS DESERT SHIELD 623 JEFF BLAUSER Card USA
    18527409 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 TOPPS 315 TONY DORSETT Card USA
    18527410 MG: MINIMUM GRADE 2003 BOWMAN CHROME 201 CHRIS SIMMS GOLD REFRACTOR Card USA
    18527411 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1981 TOPPS 216 JOE MONTANA Card USA
    18527412 MINIMUM GRADE 1965 TOPPS 16 ASTROS ROOKIES J.MORGAN/S.JACKSON Card USA
    18527413 MINT 9 OC 1979 TOPPS 116 OZZIE SMITH Card USA
    18527414 GEM MINT 10 2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM AUTOGRAPH BPAMS MIGUEL SANO REFRACTOR Card USA
    18527415 GEM MINT 10 2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM AUTOGRAPH BPAMS MIGUEL SANO GREEN REFRACTOR Card USA
    18527416 MINT 9 2010 BOWMAN PLATINUM AUTOGRAPH BPAMS MIGUEL SANO BLUE REFRACTOR Card USA
    18527417 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1998 SP AUTHENTIC 18 RANDY MOSS Card USA
    18527418 MINT 9 1998 TOPPS GOLD LABEL CLASS 3 17 FRED TAYLOR CLASS 3-BLACK LABEL Card USA
    18527419 GEM MINT 10 1998 FINEST 141 FRED TAYLOR NON-PROTECTED Card USA
    18527420 MINT 9 1998 TOPPS GOLD LABEL CLASS 1 17 FRED TAYLOR CLASS 1-BLACK LABEL Card USA
    18527421 MINT 9 1999 COLLECTOR'S EDGE SUPREME ROUTE XXXIII R05 FRED TAYLOR Card USA
    18527422 MINT 9 2000 DONRUSS ELITE DOWN & DISTANCE 1D2 RANDY MOSS 2ND DOWN D/C Card USA
    18527423 MINT 9 1991 TOPPS DESERT SHIELD 600 BO JACKSON Card USA
    18527424 MINT 9 1991 TOPPS DESERT SHIELD 500 WILL CLARK Card USA
    18527425 MINT 9 1991 TOPPS DESERT SHIELD 170 CARLTON FISK Card USA
    18527426 NEAR MINT 7 1968 TOPPS 330 ROGER MARIS Card USA
    18527427 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 FLEER 548 KEN GRIFFEY JR. Card USA
    18527428 EXCELLENT-MINT+ 6.5 1977 TOPPS 274 DAN FOUTS Card USA
    18527429 MINT 9 PD 1977 TOPPS 286 JOHNNY GRUBB Card USA
    18527430 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 2003 TOPPS CHROME 111 LeBRON JAMES Card USA
    18527431 MINT 9 2003 TOPPS 221 LeBRON JAMES Card USA
    18527432 MINIMUM GRADE 2000 BOWMAN'S BEST 191 JOHAN SANTANA Card USA
    18527433 MINIMUM GRADE 1976 TOPPS 19 GEORGE BRETT Card USA
    18527434 GEM MINT 10 1992 BOWMAN 532 MANNY RAMIREZ Card USA
    18527435 MINT 9 1992 BOWMAN 302 MARIANO RIVERA Card USA
    18527436 GEM MINT 10 2008 BOWMAN CHROME DRAFT BDP27 EVAN LONGORIA Card USA
    18527437 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1970 TOPPS 580 PETE ROSE Card USA
    18527438 NEAR MINT 7 1971 TOPPS 688 SPARKY ANDERSON Card USA
    18527439 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1971 TOPPS 250 JOHNNY BENCH Card USA
    18527440 NEAR MINT 7 1971 TOPPS 100 PETE ROSE Card USA
    18527441 NEAR MINT 7 1968 TOPPS 230 PETE ROSE Card USA
    18527442 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 2003 FINEST 38 FRANK THOMAS GOLD X-FRACTOR Card USA
    18527443 GEM MINT 10 2000 PACIFIC OMEGA SIGNATURES 5 FRANK THOMAS Card USA
    18527444 GEM MINT 10 2003 STUDIO STARS SS-7 FRANK THOMAS GOLD Card USA
    18527445 MINIMUM GRADE 2008 FINEST MOMENTS FM-FT FRANK THOMAS GOLD XFRACTOR Card USA
    18527446 GEM MINT 10 1990 COCA-COLA WHITE SOX FRANK THOMAS Card USA
    18527447 GEM MINT 10 1968 TOPPS 477 PHILLIES TEAM Card USA
    18527448 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1968 TOPPS 510 RON FAIRLY Card USA
    18527449 MINIMUM GRADE 1968 TOPPS 511 BILL KELSO Card USA
    18527450 MINIMUM GRADE 2000 U.D. BLACK DIAMOND ROOKIE EDITION 37 FRANK THOMAS Card USA
    18527451 N9: NOT GRADED 1999 UPPER DECK RETRO DISTANT REPLAY D8 FRANK THOMAS LEVEL 2 Card USA
    18527452 GEM MINT 10 1998 FINEST MYSTERY 2 M1 F.THOMAS/N.GARCIAPARRA Card USA
    18527453 GEM MINT 10 1996 EMOTION E-XL LEGION OF BOOM 10 FRANK THOMAS Card USA

• Options
    The good, the bad, and evidence of trimming.

I am very happy that my 2003 McCann Topps Traded Xfractor crossed to a PSA 9. It was previously BGS 9, but I was worried it might end up in a PSA 8.
    My big loss was a '91 Desert Shield Jeff Blauser that got the old minimum size requirment. It was previously in an SGC 96. LOL...

• Options
    Ouch ...

18527428 EXCELLENT-MINT+ 6.5 1977 TOPPS 274 DAN FOUTS Card USA -> was a GEM 10
    18527429 MINT 9 PD 1977 TOPPS 286 JOHNNY GRUBB Card USA -> was a SGC 98
    18527430 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 2003 TOPPS CHROME 111 LeBRON JAMES Card USA -> was a Mint 10
    18527431 MINT 9 2003 TOPPS 221 LeBRON JAMES Card USA -> was a BCCG 10

Thanks again,
    -Larry

eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Here are my 5 (old slab / new slab)

1992 Fleer Excel Chipper Jones (Prograding 9 / PSA 9)
    2003 Topps Traded Xfractor Brian Mcann (Beckett 9 / PSA 9) <<Yeah! These are 1/50
    1987 Donruss Greg Maddux (Beckett 9 / PSA 9)
    1984 Topps Nestle Bobby Cox (SGC98 / PSA Minimum Grade not met) (I had specified not to crossover unless it was a PSA 10)
    1991 Topps Desert Shield Jeff Blauser (SGC 96 / PSA N6 Minimum Size requirement) << OUCH!

My SGC did not do well.