Home Precious Metals
Options

A visualization of the United States debt

most of you have probably seen this before....

http://usdebt.kleptocracy.us/

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it - Clint Eastwood

Comments

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting visual and jaw dropping.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    That page is new to me- thanks for sharing.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stack! One more should be added though. 10X the pile of the last drawing.

And that would be the $1.14 Quadrillion to represent all the otc derivatives reported by the BIS back in 2008. This is the
    amount of bets that banksters have wagered that they can blow up the financial world.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Maybe if the CAC offered just $15 trillion, they could gain possession of the
    1933 $20 Saints. It's only $15 trillion image

EDIT: Mutiply this stack by 33, and you will have the wealth of the Rothchilds, + or - image
    As of this writing, someone is being rationed rice by the grain, somewhere on Earth.

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the 114.5 trillion $ skyscraper.

I'm sure Bernanke has a penthouse suite there.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    Yes, has been discussed before. What needs to provided is a debt per person number and average earnings per person in the time period it has to be paid (many social security liabilities etc are not due for many years). Can someone provide these numbers?

On the other hand I agree that the problem is getting out of hand, even if agreements are reached, they are still spending more than they are earning which is just creating more of a problem rather than solutions. I thought it insane that in the agreements with Greece, they still allow them to spend more than they earn. Just dumb.
    Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, has been discussed before. What needs to provided is a debt per person number and average earnings per person in the time period it has to be paid (many social security liabilities etc are not due for many years). Can someone provide these numbers?

On the other hand I agree that the problem is getting out of hand, even if agreements are reached, they are still spending more than they are earning which is just creating more of a problem rather than solutions. I thought it insane that in the agreements with Greece, they still allow them to spend more than they earn. Just dumb. >>

Isn't the number something like 46k/person just to cover the current 14T?
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Hummmmmmmmm...deep doo doo.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long can the ponzi scheme be kept going?
    ----- kj
  • Options
    I've seen variations of that picture, but not the exact picture. As long as we are smarter than monkeys, most people should understand what it means.
  • Options
    <<How long can the ponzi scheme be kept going? >>
    Don't know, there seems to be no end. I do know this, when building a house
    using gaming cards, one can only go so tall, then crash.
    I can never get beyond a certain point.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Nice stack! One more should be added though. 10X the pile of the last drawing.

And that would be the $1.14 Quadrillion to represent all the otc derivatives reported by the BIS back in 2008. This is the
    amount of bets that banksters have wagered that they can blow up the financial world.

roadrunner >>

I officially hate the banksters!!
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Gee now that's something to be proud aboutimage
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious just how much $$ in other countries debt does the United States hold? If it's a significant amount, wouldn't that payback money reduce that HUGE 114 trillion unfunded liabilities number at the bottom of the page?

I tried googling the information, but could not find a specific number.

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Speaks for itself. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    I would bet that even if you could somehow block out "dancing with the stars" and "american idol" and put that graphic
    on everybody's TV screen for one hour every night , joe dipsh!t still wouldn't get it .
    America has drank too much floride to even care .

Greg
  • Options
    Good idea Greg, actually assemble this using boxes or something, representing the cash.
    15 million pallets of $1 million dollars, still blows me away.
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system,
    for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford
  • Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    “In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation […] Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)

Powerful stuff right there.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Inflation is the cruelest tax of all since it hurts the poor and the person on a fixed pension more than the rich who can buy land, gold, equities, etc and minimize the adverse effects of inflation.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    "Inflation is the cruelest tax of all since it hurts the poor and the person on a fixed pension more than the rich who can buy land, gold, equities, etc and minimize the adverse effects of inflation."

The argument against a flat tax is the the poor and fixed income folks will pay a larger percent of their income on taxes than those with healthy incomes. The body double of the flat tax is the inflation that insidiously drains the wealth at point of purchase but the result is the same in that the poor and fixed folks pay more money for the same product they bought a short while ago for less money...just as deadly to your wallet and regardless of who you are.

Choose your poison but poisoned you are if you're fixed or poor and run the same trail day in and day out. The unfortunate flip side of that discussion is the argument that those who have adequate income or a good job are not really affected by inflation or a flat tax. The unfortunate part of that argument is that CDs, bonds, stocks (indexes), and most other common investment vehicles (retirement accounts) have been mostly flat or down while inflation creeps upwardly and job wages have been flat for two years so those investment paper type guys are getting leeched as well.

The problem with arguments is that the process of creating a postulation compartmentalizes or homogenizes groups into some stereotype or mean. The mean is made up of many different parts and there in lies the salvation; many people will figure a way to stay above the drain and those will be the ones that will be successful be they rich or poor or fixed or cube farmers.

So, heads up...a new day is coming for those that are diligent and proactive, regardless of situation. There is always opportunity in crisis, some will find it. Those that have stashed metal over the last few years have shown that type of behavior. I'm guessing but it looks like those that have learned currency trading have hit on a good wealth appreciation and preservation strategy as well. I'm sure there will be more opportunities but one thing for sure..."This ain't your father's Oldsmobile."

eidted because I missspelled stereotype...duh.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very interesting. thanks
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask again... How much money in other countries debt does the United States hold? Are there not payments coming in from other countries? I don't ever see that number talked about or factored into U.S. revenue dollars.

• Options

<< <i>I'll ask again... How much money in other countries debt does the United States hold? Are there not payments coming in from other countries? I don't ever see that number talked about or factored into U.S. revenue dollars. >>

The US is a debtor nation not a creditor nation. In addition since most international payments are made in the worlds reserve currency, the dollar, there is no reason to hold anything other than dollars. So the answer most likely is NONE
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation […] Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)
    >>

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies.
    March 16, 2006 Senator Obama

It wasn't that long ago that a mil in the bank would return enough to live on. A fking million dollars ain't sh it now is it.

Maybe we can pee away smoe of what's left by bombing smoe 3rd world countries claiming it's for our "freedom".

Yeah image

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really makes one wonder looking at those pallats of $100 bills image

How can the US pull out of this mess image

How can Gold & Silver do anything but continue to go up image

JMHO, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>It really makes one wonder looking at those pallats of $100 bills >>

Don't worry; that stack will get a whole lot smaller when those 100 dollar bills become 100 trillion dollar bills.image
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To count 1 trillion seconds would take 31,709 years, if my math is correct.

1 Trillion Seconds*******1,000,000,000,000
    seconds in a day*********** ******86,400
    seconds in a year***********31,536,000
    Years to count to 1 trillion*******31709.79

Can someone verify this??
  • Options

<< <i>To count 1 trillion seconds would take 31,709 years, if my math is correct.

1 Trillion Seconds*******1,000,000,000,000
    seconds in a day*********** ******86,400
    seconds in a year***********31,536,000
    Years to count to 1 trillion*******31709.79

Can someone verify this?? >>

Correct