Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Dugout Unopened Wax

These guys have a good selection of 72 to present unopened on EBay. Any reason why they aren't discussed as often as BBCE?
Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are high, imo, especially for racks..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the high prices as well
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    I've never heard of this company, so I checked out their eBay store. This is their buy list:

Dugout Sportscards Buy List

Notice anything familiar?

BBCE Buy List

This not an opinion towards Dugout Sportscards, just a general observation about our hobby/industry, but card dealers are really lazy...

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    yes they are...and sometimes they exaggerate...

like saying...

complete sets from the 40's...

and many impossible to build hand collated sets...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me look at some packs on ebay.
    But does this 1953 bowman have a crease on the bottom left. NC and SC are known for bogus packs.
    1953 cello
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me look at some packs on ebay.
    But does this 1953 bowman have a crease on the bottom left. NC and SC are known for bogus packs.
    1953 cello

This seller has been discussed here (and not in a good way) before

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Beezer12Beezer12 Posts: 104 ✭✭
    I blocked him as a buyer years ago when all he was doing was buying wrappers, display boxes and cheap partial sets.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone buyout their 81 baseball racks? I was hoping to purchase one of the rack boxes. I'd be glad to take one off your hands.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    Prices were way high and there seemed to be shill bidding on some auctions(prices went way higher than existing BIN prices and also higher than BBCE prices(even including shipping(
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    They had some BIN rack boxes and cases that I had been watching. I noticed today they are showing as 'item no longer available'.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • I have not bought anything from them due to higher prices. But they have nice stuff and a few people from here said they were reputable.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I bought from him a couple times. Both using the best offer option. His posted prices are terrible, but my offers were reasonable and he took them.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15