Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hot-Hot-Hot!!!

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it HOT where you are and how is it effecting your detecting? The ground is pretty hard here in MO. I've gotten out but not for as long as I would like. A screw driver sure makes it easier.image

Comments

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not too hot, but I did did into a beehive lately and got stung. Oww.. they were living in some redwood duff.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very hot (100 plus and very high humidity)... ground is like rock. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been detecting in a couple of weeks, but not because of the heat. I was planning on getting out today, but I'll probably hold off due to the heat, and ground conditions. Might try some water detecting tomorrow.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was 103 here friday with humidity at like 115 here. the if the detectors wanted to go out let them have at it then image
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    3rd hottest July on record. Only one day in July we didn't break 80 and more 90 plus days than I can recall in a long time.
    In about two week we went from to wet to dig to to hard to dig.
  • Options
    Here I get out at day break till about 9AM. Yesterday it was 101 at noon, hit 110 at 4PM and still over 100 at 8PM. Have not detected since the weekend but tomorrow??