Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver has to go up now, I just sold some....

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just sold three Silver Proof Quarter rolls to my dealer...watch silver soar!image

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just sold three Silver Proof Quarter rolls to my dealer...watch silver soar!image >>

did he give you any premium above melt?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I haven't really done the exact math... But, I got more from him than I was offering them for on the BST.

Also, I think I did better than I would have on Ebay with all the fees based on ended auctions...

I got $270 per roll, silver was at $39xx at the time this morning..I don't think I did too bad...
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭
    you did better than me, $263.00 for a roll of smooth SLQ's and silver was at $40.05 or there about.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>But, I got more from him than I was offering them for on the BST. >>

You did good. BST is for low ball offerings only.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    "You did good. BST is for low ball offerings only."

I agree, some of the offers over there are way out in left field. My highest offer on the rolls was $700 and I had to pay shippingimage

Such a fickle market.. some things sell better on the BST, while Ebay is better with others.

I have been backing out of the collector market and getting more into the PM market. I like the idea of going to a B&M dealer where what you're offering is
    "it is what it is." No haggling about grade, cleaning, blah, blah, etc..

Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    I.ve been treated well on the bst as far as 90% pricing...just a couple that I know piecesof me and gerard are both strong bidders with fair pricing in my opinion....chumley
  • Options
    The proofs were nice, but maybe folks are like me and wanted the 90% that you can hold in your hand.

I should have mentioned that I too have had very good results with the BST... not all bad.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    massscrew...... you should tell us "before" you sell! That way we can build are short positions! image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a Republican is elected president in November 2012, because I can't fathom how this current president could be reelected, and then conservative fiscal policies are put into place along with pro-business and pro-growth ideas, then I believe silver and gold will take a precipitous decline sometime before November 2012 as the market anticipates that event.

Remember, November 2012 is only just a bit more than a year away.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After a Republican is elected president in November 2012, because I can't fathom how this current president could be reelected, and then conservative fiscal policies are put into place along with pro-business and pro-growth ideas, then I believe silver and gold will take a precipitous decline sometime before November 2012 as the market anticipates that event.

Remember, November 2012 is only just a bit more than a year away. >>

I'm afraid I'm getting political, but here in Canada (and the rest of the world for that matter) could not in our wildest dreams figure on the American population re-electing Bush for a second term.

So crazy things can happen, after all.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Playing chicken right now. I am ready to sell 100 oz. Maybe if it gets to $45 an ounce, but could dive down back to $32.
  • Options
    Doesn't appear that the problems with our debt is causing any movement in PM's
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I think that we should go back to being ruled by a king or queen.

Can't do much worse then our two political Parties.Then we can enjoy

coronations, royal weddings and neat things, like trooping of the colors.

Maybe issue some bearskin hats to the Royal Guards.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage