Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

The 2011 TC71 Coin Tag: Sign Up ***CLOSED***

I will be hosting a coin tag.

This coin tag is OPEN to suggestions.

I am willing to do PCGS/NGC/ANACS slabbed coins ONLY.

Thoughts?

TC71

Comments

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Sounds intersting.

I just may want to take part in your tag.

Cheerio ~ image
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is it
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    Not familiar with a coin tag?

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not familiar with a coin tag?

image >>

I am unfamiliar as well.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    I'd be in on a true tag! That is where the entire box is sent from person to person where they can pick and choose what they want out of the box and trade whatever is deemed fair by the box originator. It is worth it to me just to see a bunch of nice coins. And I am sure I can find something that I can't live without!

I'd be up for 1st tier TPGs and raw. I don't care if mint products are in there, but I am not really interested in them. It should all fit in a medium sized USPS flat rate box.
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry

<< <i>

<< <i>Not familiar with a coin tag?

image >>

I am unfamiliar as well. >>

Read this link to get familiar on how coing tags are done:

Click Here.

• slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    I'd be up for a tag as well. My thoughts would be it's easiest to stick to PCGS/NGC graded coins and bullion related items, But that would be TC71's decision. I'd be fine with whatever is included.

<< <i>I'd be up for a tag as well. My thoughts would be it's easiest to stick to PCGS/NGC graded coins and bullion related items, But that would be TC71's decision. I'd be fine with whatever is included. >>

Bullion coins are OK. We will just have to keep an eye on the spot price as it goes from person to person!

• BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I have enough "street cred" to participate but hopefully by the time you do the next one I will. Sounds like a hell of a fun time and I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it progresses image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics

<< <i>I don't think I have enough "street cred" to participate but hopefully by the time you do the next one I will. Sounds like a hell of a fun time and I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it progresses image >>

You dont need alot of "street cred" Just a few refs!

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't think I have enough "street cred" to participate but hopefully by the time you do the next one I will. Sounds like a hell of a fun time and I'll keep an eye on this thread to see how it progresses image >>

You dont need alot of "street cred" Just a few refs! >>

Well I purchased from JoeLewis and sold to Mkman. I'm Banemorth7 on Ebay too. 100% feedback.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Little pieces of advice, written on a pieces of parchment. Firearms. Airplane sized liquor bottles. NO 1945 Wheat Pennies ! image
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested! image
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • When will this get off to a start?

How many do you want in this tag?

How long do you expect it to 'travel'?

I'm in if it gets going soon

time for you to begin the list....
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for seeking input, Gary. Here are my thoughts: Although one who starts a Tag is doing a huge favor to all participants and numismatics in general, it ought not to be pure philanthropy. If you start a tag, I suggest you rig it entirely to your own liking. Any arbitrary rules are fine, as long as they suit your taste. I, for one, would penalize full-size ANACS slabs much more than small ones. You could penalize base metals, or give bonuses for silver. You could create a pecking order for slabbing companies, then say that you will take any and all trades, but values must be 10% to your advantage. Do whatever would further YOUR collection/goals/whim. I would be in no matter what. If the box comes and the combination of coins and terms are not to my liking, I will just send it along. When you think about it, you are taking the majority of the risk and you are the only one involved who does not get to look at the coins being traded side by side. I would love to see you very pleased with the box that is returned to you. Stack the deck in your favor.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    this is something that I have sorely missed - I would be in

<< <i>When will this get off to a start?

How many do you want in this tag?

How long do you expect it to 'travel'?

I'm in if it gets going soon

time for you to begin the list.... >>

Whats up with all the questions? I am seeking input at the current time. If you read the title it says POSSIBLE tag, so therefore there is not even a definite start date. The number of people in the tag depends solely on the number interested and who want to "get in".
    Wade, that last question has no answer and you darn well know it. The box could be on the road anywhere from 60-100 days or even longer.

• Count me in.
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to go in for this one. Been a while!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Hi Gary,

I'm happy to see you have plenty of participants.

I'm looking for 3 specific coins right now and will stay out of things until after I have them.

Problem is, A 1916-D Merc, and 1921-P + D Walkers are expensive.

Thanks for the PM, and have fun.

Paul
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • terburn88terburn88 Posts: 103 ✭✭
    If I can pass the admissions test, I would like to participate.

Terry
    PRELIMINARY MANIFEST:

1920-D 1c PCGSXF45
    1968-S 1c PCGS PR66CAM
    1938-D 5c PCGS MS66 (Buffalo)
    1961 10c PCGS MS64
    1956 25c NGC MS65
    1959 25c NGC MS65
    1942-S 25c PCGS MS64
    1959-D 25c PCGS MS64
    1963 25c PCGS PR66DCAM
    1969 25c PCGS PR68CAM
    1944 50c PCGS MS64
    1969-S 50c PCGS PR65
    1969-S 50c ANACS PR66DCAM – Yellow
    1978-S 50c PCGS PR69DCAM
    1993-W 50c PCGS MS69 – Madison Commem
    1878-S $1 PCGS MS62
    1880-S $1 PCGS MS65
    1881-S $1 PCGS MS64 – Has Proof-Like Qualities on Both Sides
    1881-S $1 PCGS MS62
    1883-CC $1 PCGS MS62 - GSA
    1884-CC $1 PCGS MS63
    1884-O $1 PCGS MS63 – OGH
    1885-O $1 PCGS MS63 – OGH
    1885-O $1 PCGS MS64
    1887 $1 PCGS MS64 - OGH
    1899-O $1 PCGS MS63 – OGH
    1886 $1 PCGS MS64 – Listed as 1896 on slab. ERROR?
    1904-O $1 PCGS MS64 – OGH
    1921 $1 PCGS MS63
    1882-S $1 ANACS MS64 OBV PL – White
    1879-S $1 ANACS MS64 OBV PL – Yellow
    1880-S $1 ANACS MS62 – Yellow
    1881-S $1 ANACS MS60 – Yellow/Cleaned
    1878-S $1 ANACS MS62PL – Yellow
    1880-S $1 NGC MS64 – No Line Fattie
    1881-S $1 ANACS MS63PL – Yellow
    1883-O $1 ANACS MS61DMPL – Yellow
    1883-O $1 PCGS MS64PL – OGH
    1884-O $1 ANACS MS60DMPL – Yellow
    1884-O $1 ANACS MS62PL – Yellow
    1884-O $1 PCGS MS63PL
    1884-O $1 PCGS MS65PL
    1885-O $1 PCGS MS63PL
    1886 $1 PCGS MS62PL
    1888 $1 NGC MS63DPL – No Line Fattie
    1899-O $1 PCGS MS62DMPL

I will determine values later. We are going to ship USPS Registered Mail ONLY. This will be an PCGS/NGC/ANACS Coin Tag. Other matter that come up will be addressed before the tag gets underway.

THOUGHTS?

TC71

Keyman64, Banemorth, and terburn88 please PM me with at LEAST two refs that you have done coin transactions with here on the PCGS boards.

Thanks!

TC71
    The Rules:

1. I will list contents of the TAG box when we come to an agreement in trade. I will list what is taken and what is put into the Tag Box.
    2. Keep the TAG box no longer than FIVE days, so that we can keep this in a timely fashion.
    3. You can trade up to any dollar amount that you desire.
    4. PCGS/NGC/ANACS Slabbed Coins ONLY!
    5. Ship VIA United States Postal Service (USPS) Registered Mail ONLY!
    6. Post USPS Registered Mail Tracking Number to the coin tag thread when package has been shipped.
    7. Values for PCGS coins are rated VIA the PCGS Price Guide, NGC coins will be 90% of PCGS Price Guide, ANACS will be 90% For the white slabs, 85% for Blue and Yellow slabs of PCGS Price Guide. The value of Problem Coins (EG: PCGS Genuine, ANACS Net Graded Coins) will have to be determined between Myself (TC71) and the person wanting to put such coins in tag box.
    8. A Cash purchase option is available. If you want to work out a cash deal, please PM me.
    9. PCGS Old Green Holders (OGH) will bring a 5% premium and PCGS First Generation Holders (Rattlers) will bring a 10% premium. NGC No Line Fat Slabs will be rated at 100% of PCGS Price Guide.

SHIPPING, CUSTODY AND LOSS:

The wholesale value of the box is YET TO BE DETERMINED (This is to be updated as the tag goes along!) You are fully responsible for the care and custody of the coins in your possession. If the coins are lost or stolen, you will have to reimburse me, TorinoCobra71, for the full current determined value of the box, TO BE DETERMINED, please be careful! The coins WILL be shipped VIA USPS REGISTERED and INSURED mail ONLY! NO EXCEPTIONS! Do NOT ship "certified", and do NOT ship via UPS, Fed Ex, etc. These services do NOT cover losses to coins! For those who have not shipped via USPS registered mail, you will need to get the paper tape and seal all edges of the box so the clerk can stamp each tape line. You will also need to fill out a USPS Receipt for Registered Mail.

• I'm in gator dude..
    List of people who are in on this tag:

1) Frankiefanatic
    2) ClayChaser
    3) Banemorth
    4) MichaelDixon
    5) Slinc
    6) Ocon4008
    7) Morganbarber
    8) BigJohnD
    9) Slipgate
    10) SurfinxHI

This list does not determine order of rotation. I am thinking of doing a "Who calls for the Box" Coin tag.

TC71
    Put me in, please!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    Excellent I'm in!
    Justin From Jersey

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me in.
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
    Just figured I'd mention that I'm a sucker for high grade (MS65 or better) Walkers in the 40's with COLOR! If anyone drops any in along the way before I get the box you can bet I'll be trading or buying them! image Very excited to be doing this it's very cool of you Torino.
    Justin From Jersey

• slincslinc Posts: 480 ✭✭
    I'm in
  • I'm callin dibbs on 1 coin at this time- the 1888 ms63 dpl in the NGC old fattie holder. I'll pay cash up for it but due to certain family issues at present I can not call the box first- as much as I would like to, my wife comes before all of us and this tag.

Hope those that might know my situation understand.

later.
  • I'm in.
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I would most definately like to be in. Given a choice, I'd take the box later rather than sooner, but I am very flexible. Thanks for hosting, Gary!
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!
  • oakcoinoakcoin Posts: 187 ✭✭
    wow tags look like a ton of fun. Obviously I cant join this one but maybe sometime in the future.
    have fun.
  • SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!!!! I'm pretty stoked about this, as I'm pretty sure the box will travel the length and breadth of the country. I think TC71 and I are diabolically opposed, in terms of stretches of the country!

Cheers,
    greg
    Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    I'm IN! Send it to me whenever it is ready - no preference on ship order here.
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • I am in; there are a few Morgans there that have potential.

<< <i>I'm callin dibbs on 1 coin at this time- the 1888 ms63 dpl in the NGC old fattie holder. I'll pay cash up for it but due to certain family issues at present I can not call the box first- as much as I would like to, my wife comes before all of us and this tag.

Hope those that might know my situation understand.

later. >>

They are no "dibs" or "lockdown" coins, I did that last tag and pissed a few people off. All coins in the manifest WILL SHIP.

OK people lets get rolling, this TAG BOX in gonna hit the road in the next few days!

Hey TC - if ya got any counterstamped coins I know a tag member who may be interested in having them tossed in the box.. image

<< <i>Hey TC - if ya got any counterstamped coins I know a tag member who may be interested in having them tossed in the box.. image >>

John - the only counterstamped coin I have is Dark Side!

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't get to the thread sooner, but I'm also definitely in if you need some more taggers image