Home Sports Talk
Options

Name Something More Useless Than the WNBA ( I found something new- Last Post)

I can't think of anything.

Even curling is more exciting than WNBA games. Besides, I like curling.

Ron

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    There is nothing worse than the WNBA. When your core market is 10-18 year old girls that don't have any of their own money, something is wrong with the business model. I don't know any other subset of the population that wastes their time and energy on the WNBA.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, it's painful to watch. Women's high school and college basketball is cool because ya have the Alma mater factor involved, rooting for your school to win...but on the professional level...sorry, no thanks.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Synchronized swimming comes to mind.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shutter Shades maybe???

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soccer - women and men.

Shane

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Car bras.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Soccer - women and men. >>

I agree completely. Soccer is boring and dumb.
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

The Seattle Mariners offense, Adam Dunn's first half, and Lebron James in the 4th quarter of the NBA finals.
  • Options
    not picking sides but the chicago sky who've been terrible had 13,000+ in attendance last week at a home game. Thats more than the rush or wolves that share the same arena.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Most of the teams and so called stars in the NBA
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    The NFL Pro Bowl.
  • Options

<< <i>Most of the teams and so called stars in the MLB >>

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Women's tennis is the only women's sport that is consistently as watchable as the men's version. No, soccer does not count because soccer sucks.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019

<< <i>Synchronized swimming comes to mind. >>

The Spanish Women's Team. It might have possibilities.

Ron

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Women's tennis is the only women's sport that is consistently as watchable as the men's version. No, soccer does not count because soccer sucks. >>

Yeah, Billie Jean King (not to be confused with the Michael Jackson song) made sure of that. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Women's tennis is the only women's sport that is consistently as watchable as the men's version. No, soccer does not count because soccer sucks. >>

Yeah, Billie Jean King (not to be confused with the Michael Jackson song) made sure of that. image >>

Not to sidetrack this topic too much but I used to watch a ton of women's tennis back in the Graf/Sabatini/Seles/Hingis days. I appreciated that their power didn't overwhelm everything and I could learn from the way they played. But with the crop of players from the last 15 years that follow Seles' lead in screeching and screaming on every swing, I can't watch it anymore. Seriously. I just can't take the noise.

Tabe
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't think of anything.

Even curling is more exciting than WNBA games. Besides, I like curling.

Ron

image >>

Your appendix.

Tabe
  • Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭
    A Buffalo Bills SuperBowl Champions t-shirt
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    The 10 million dollar loss , per team , per year , paid by the NBA . These women , for the most part , are VERY GOOD ball players , for women. I still believe that a real good guys high school team could take most of these teams easily.

I doubt that we will see a match with a "Good" high school team, anytime soon , as fantasy is easier to sell than reality. I've never been much about creating or believing in alternate realities , but for those that do , enjoy.---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>The 10 million dollar loss , per team , per year , paid by the NBA . These women , for the most part , are VERY GOOD ball players , for women. I still believe that a real good guys high school team could take most of these teams easily.

I doubt that we will see a match with a "Good" high school team, anytime soon , as fantasy is easier to sell than reality. I've never been much about creating or believing in alternate realities , but for those that do , enjoy.---- Sonny >>

Oh there's no doubt that a good men's high school team would beat a women's pro team...basically, any men's college team, even a small college team, would crush them.

But it's a question of what "works well" in a pro game for women, and what makes for good entertainment for enough people to want to watch in order to make a profit - women's pro golf works well, women's pro tennis works well...women's pro basketball just doesn't work well, and if watching a few minutes of any game it is quite obvious.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Can't think of anything more useless. Heck, I can't even spell WBNA. That is how much I care about it.

I want my time back that I wasted on this thread.

• Options
    Arena Football...Wait Does It Still Exist?
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    2008 was magic....they had dunks #2 & #3 that year.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yeah, Billie Jean King (not to be confused with the Michael Jackson song) made sure of that. image >>

Women's Golf, The LPGA, has become quite "watchable" in the last few years.

Ron
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Women's Golf, The LPGA, has become quite "watchable" in the last few years.

Ron >>

It's always fun to watch 'em bend over to pickup the golf ball...yea...and who will say they don't enjoy watching that. LOL
  • Options

Actually, I think women's pro tennis is a much better game to watch...the volleys are longer, more interesting, etc...the men's game with the big serve and ace, and/or usually a very short volley, frankly is a bore to watch.
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    The Luge in the olympics. Oh wait he pointed his toes to go faster...what a tremendous athlete.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    << Women's tennis is the only women's sport that is consistently as watchable as the men's version. No, soccer does not count because soccer sucks. >>

I would much rather watch women's beach volleyball than men's.

VS

For the original question I think these guys are more useless than the WNBA:

• Options
    For the original question I think these guys are more useless than the WNBA:

image >>

Definitely, the Post of the Day. LOL
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Definitely, the Post of the Day. LOL >>

Forget day. Maybe post of the year!
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    A wife that's too slow fetching the sandwich and beer.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Ozzie Guillen's valium prescription.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭
    WNBA broadcasters

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A wife that's too slow fetching the sandwich and beer. >>

AND has frequent headaches
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roller Derby? Maybe? No, I guess not...

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Flashing for Dollars at a Jenny Craig convention.

Ron

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

A penis in a WNBA locker room.
  • Options

This is almost a new low for useless. I was surffing the channels Sunday afternoon and found on ESPN, " College Tournament Fishing" These guys even had scholarships. And I paid to go to college.

Ron
  • Options
    The Fever have a 30 point lead over the Lynx.
  • Options
    whoa. I just added a lame post (to some) and exited. Instantly this post string appeared.

please Lords of ESPN and Other, KEEP WNBA OFF ANY CHANNELS A MAN WATCHES. It is a bone kill. It ruins 'things'. It needs to go away.
  • Options

<< <i>WNBA broadcasters >>

• Options

<< <i>WNBA broadcasters >>

oh gawd, could you imagine being one. The horror.
  • Options
    How about name something more politically correct than the WNBA? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    I would not ever want to watch the WNBA, but I would choose it over any form of swimming or any form of auto racing if I were forced to make that decision.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The San Diego Chargers

imageimageimageimage
    Steve
  • Options
    The Phoenix Mercury are now in 1st place.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>> These women , for the most part , are VERY GOOD ball players , for women. I still believe that a real good guys high school team could take most of these teams easily. <<<

I seriously doubt that.image
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    US Government fits the bill...
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options

<< <i>>>> These women , for the most part , are VERY GOOD ball players , for women. I still believe that a real good guys high school team could take most of these teams easily. <<<

I seriously doubt that.image >>

How would a bad guys high school team match up? hee hee

But seriously, you guys have to admit that the WNBA and women's basketball in general is about the most politically correct sport you can find! image
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    A few comments about the WNBA and women's sports in general.

I find many of the ladies Olympic events to be enjoyable, as athletes at the highest level are always fun to watch. Cycling and swimming and my favorite, the Marathon are really a treat.

As far as the level of talent compared to the men, I do not think it generally matters in many sports. An example would be men's college basketball vs the NBA. The pros would smoke the college guys, but yet march madness is as good as it gets.

Same with boxing. A top Heavyweight would smash a Welterweight. So the athletes are divided by weight class and to those that enjoy the sport, all is well.

Getting back to the WNBA though, the moves and ball handling and shooting seem clunky and stiff. Though the players are extremely talented, my viewing is limited to a couple of minutes at best.