Home Precious Metals
Options

Simply priceless.

MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
I like what Peter Schiff has to say in this piece.

<< <i>By claiming that gold is not money, the Chairman demonstrates his ignorance of much of monetary history. He told Congressman Ron Paul that he had no idea why central banks hold gold, before speculating that it might have something to do with tradition. Yes, traditionally gold is money, which is precisely why central banks hold it. And gold is money because central bankers like Mr. Bernanke cannot be trusted with a paper substitute. >>

<< <i>... by claiming that the dollar's exchange rate has no effect on domestic prices, Mr. Bernanke demonstrates that he probably lacks the competence to be a bank teller, let alone Chairman of the Federal Reserve. >>

There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
–John Adams, 1826

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like what Peter Schiff has to say in this piece.

<< <i>By claiming that gold is not money, the Chairman demonstrates his ignorance of much of monetary history. He told Congressman Ron Paul that he had no idea why central banks hold gold, before speculating that it might have something to do with tradition. Yes, traditionally gold is money, which is precisely why central banks hold it. And gold is money because central bankers like Mr. Bernanke cannot be trusted with a paper substitute. >>

<< <i>... by claiming that the dollar's exchange rate has no effect on domestic prices, Mr. Bernanke demonstrates that he probably lacks the competence to be a bank teller, let alone Chairman of the Federal Reserve. >>

[/q

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options

Bernanke must still be in the 1930s.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Mr. Bernanke demonstrates that he probably lacks the competence to be a bank teller, let alone Chairman of the Federal Reserve. >>

LOL image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bernanke is highly-educated, don't think otherwise. When you listen to his testimony before the finance subcommitee, he spins some fairly elaborate explanations. He is the front man, and we are supposed to believe his crap. Same as his predecessor, who was absolutely spot-on concerning gold until he was drafted as chairman of the Fed.

Don't be fooled. He knows what he's saying most of the time, unless he gets pressured in unexpected ways. Like, "Is gold money?" That was a great "deer in the headlights" moment.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bernanke is highly-educated, don't think otherwise. When you listen to his testimony before the finance subcommitee, he spins some fairly elaborate explanations. He is the front man, and we are supposed to believe his crap. Same as his predecessor, who was absolutely spot-on concerning gold until he was drafted as chairman of the Fed.

Don't be fooled. He knows what he's saying most of the time, unless he gets pressured in unexpected ways. Like, "Is gold money?" That was a great "deer in the headlights" moment. >>

If he isn't ignorant, he must be a first class liar.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he isn't ignorant, he must be a first class liar.

he isn't, and he is ... IMHO

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. Our financial system has been rigged for some time now. Bernanke is simply the latest "really bright guy" to be put in charge of keeping that system looking legitimate.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the president here at the local bank said he wouldnt hire bernanke for love nor any of the money. go figure