Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

PSA Grading turn-around times

PSA is still holding 2 submissions I sent in for the 45-day grading bulk special, but I sent them in May 16th. Does anyone know if the Convention & prep have to do with the slower grading process? Once upon a time, I sent in for the same special and they came back in two weeks. Does anyone have any orders back further than that? Sorry. The suspense on my grades is killing me. You must know the feeling!

Thanks
Positive Transactions:
Stooge
jamesgotpoorman
calaban7
ddfamf
theczar
ShootyBabitt
hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's

Comments

• Options
    Did your subs have a huge number of cards in them? Were they specialty cards? My normal turnaround time is about a week or less for 50 card club special subs(normal size cards)after the sub has been logged. Longest time to log in has been a week. I do live close so perhaps that helps?
  • Options
    rhilbelirhilbeli Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Might not be the answer you want, but I just had a submission (51 items) logged on 4/29/11 finally pop yesterday (49 business days). Of course, my sub had numerous obscure items, vintage mixed with modern, and multiple sports/companies - so I guess I deserved it. Grades turned out pretty well though.

Good luck, and yes I do know the feeling
    My Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Registry Set

"The Packers are kinda like your kids. You dont love them because they are good, you love them because they are yours"
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    My experience has been that when I send in a regular order of basic cards from the years for the special in lots of 50 or more, the turn around time is pretty good 1-3 weeks). However, when I have sent in specialty items like tall boys or Salada coins...they usually take the full 45 days or so.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    here's a small, but perhaps meaningful observation.....i sent a small order in last Friday, they received it Monday, just logged in this morning and it's not even 9am on the West Coast yet, so i am assuming that they are putting in extra hours to accomodate the current load as well as trimming down the fat in anticipation of the National.

with that in mind, i would venture a guess that some of you are about to see your grades and i also agree with the concept of simple vs. complicated/obscure lots being processed faster.

good luck to all.
  • Options
    ehazukaehazuka Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I sub '52 Topps Bases only. PSA has always met or beat their advertised turnaround on my subs, going back 5 years, no matter what service level I used, and I've used them ALL.

I guess I thought that all subs got that treatment, but it probably does have a lot to do with the single card type. Now, if I could only get them to know what a '52 Gray Back was, we'd be in business. We've had to ask them to hold shipment on 2 of the last 3 orders due to their oversight. I had CLEARLY indicated the variety on the form, but Gray Back did not make the flip. It's not the end of the world, they correct it and my shipment is delayed a couple of days. Thankfully, though, I take a second every afternoon to see if they popped. They tend to ship same day and if you don't catch it, you're shipping them BACK for correction!

-- Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the input. There were two submissions in the same box (one was an order of 14 freebies) so maybe that had something to do with it. The second was an order of 85 or so cards, all Baseball Topps post-1970. Nothing special. I guess it should be completed soon and I'll be patient. Thanks again!
    Positive Transactions:
    Stooge
    jamesgotpoorman
    calaban7
    ddfamf
    theczar
    ShootyBabitt
    hoopguru33

Always looking for:

1960-present Topps Red Sox in PSA 9+
    Topps All-Star Rookies in PSA 9+
    Dennis Eckersley PSA 10's
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    I just had a sub pop in 9 days...

54 card special...

if included a huge variety of cards...

t207
    transogram
    topps transfer
    chrome rookies
    dell stamps

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    to ditto what others have said, if you have sub with same years together my experience is that it takes less time then when you send in 50 card submissions with a mis-mash of cards........
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I just had a 10 card order (nine 1948 Leaf FB, one 1935 National Chicle FB) submitted under one of the CC specials that was logged on July 11th and popped today! So, I definitely need to give PSA props for a quick turnaround that exceeded my expectations.

Grades ended up about where I expected - one higher, one lower. The lower one was a BVG 4 crackout that ended up PSA 3.