Home U.S. Coin Forum

I have great personal news that will have a definite impact on my coin collecting!I am touched by th

Comments

• SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Good news, I enjoy your post's....and your taste in coins!

Didn't even bother to edit for spelling/grammer......you know what I'm saying....Hang toughimage
  • RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is great news that you are improving! We will pray for your continued recovery!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Great News!
  • MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy your posts and wonderful eye you have acquired for high end coins. Hang in there buddy, all will be fine!
    Derek

EAC 6024
  • pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    Wonderful news!
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your personal story. Eight months is a long time to not be feeling well. Your signature line says it best, "Never give in." I coach football and always tell our players that everyone has limitations, disabilities in one form or another, illness and personal struggles. It is how we react and overcome them that makes a difference. Keep fighting. Your story, along with others here, is an inspiration.
  • alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭✭
    great news, wish I could give you some of my excessive weight
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    Alan: I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill, but I'm glad you are on the mend and hope you have a full recovery soon.
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is awesome. Keep it going!
  • HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see you are on the road to good health.

• Best wishes for a continued recovery.

Garrow
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, and I hope you continue your recovery to full health soon.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep fighting and learning Al. Glad you're doing better.

There's so much that doctors don't know or just don't want to know. Sometimes we have to do the legwork ourselves
    because someone out there is on the right track. They say that 50% of what modern medicine knows today will be proven
    false a few decades down the road. Unfortunately, we don't know which half.

roadrunner

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep fighting and learning Al. Glad you're doing better.

There's so much that doctors don't know or just don't want to know. Sometimes we have to do the legwork ourselves
    because someone out there is on the right track. They say that 50% of what modern medicine knows today will be proven
    false a few decades down the road. Unfortunately, we don't know which half.

roadrunner >>

I agree completely!

Al, I am going thru the same thing right now, PM me and we can talk when you feel like it-------------------------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    Alan,

Had no idea you were facing medical problems. You always seem so up-beat. Makes my problems trivial in the face of yours. Keep on the recovery path and we will pray for your speedy return to health.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we're twins... I've been taking medicine for acid reflux since 1986 and my cholesterol is at 313.

Get better so you won't have so much time to spend on this forum! image >>

313 should be the blood pressure due to ex wives and not cholesterol.

Alan- Glad you feel you are heading in the right direction.

16 years ago i learned in a hurry that you have to do research and ask a lot of questions and go to multiple sources when sickness or similiar occurs. My son was 2.5 when we found he had brain cancer. 3 or 4 doctors blew us off and said it was nothing. 9 years and 3 operations later he is cancer free and working in Alaska this summer leading ATV tours.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dozens of recent PM's and never a thought that you were ill, Alan!

Wow, heads on straight, that's for sure!

Another hurdle in life that you have to conquer and you will, because you have
    the right attitude and a family that supports you and loves you.

Be well, my friend.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Way to go Alan !!! image
    R.
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Alan, I had no idea. Glad to hear you're doing well and wishing you a speedy recovery. image Take care...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    The details you shared made this a worthwhile thread. What specifically did you change to increase the healthy bacteria?

Hope you continue to see improvement.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news... glad you are on the road to recovery.... keep that positive attitude and LAUGH A LOT... Really, it helps. Cheers, RickO
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Glad to hear about your recovery. I had a liver problem like that about 10 years ago so I know what it feels like. Hope everything continues on course for a continued recovery.
  • jhdflajhdfla Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭
    Coins are great therapy for whatever ails you. image
  • coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news Alan. From your posts one would not have guessed you had such serious health issues. I also had a life threatening health issue 10 years ago and had to endure 9 years of medication to recover. Continued success buddy.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hope you keep getting better!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news! I hope the improvement continues.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭

Really great news! Keep it going!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are doing better. Just think how much more your gross weight would have been if you'd been buying double eagles instead of half dimes lately !!!
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are getting better, for a while there I was almost twice the man you are. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what ever you are doing that is helping keep doing it and

best wishes for the future!

God Bless
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• partagaspartagas Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭
    Wow, congrats and glad you are recovering. I am certain they checked but did they rule out Hepatitis? My cousin had similiar symptoms and his was due to hep.
    If I say something in the woods, and my wife isn't around. Am I still wrong?
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan,

I hope this recovery brings you lots of future joy and happiness. You have my prayers for a full recovery.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • WestySteveWestySteve Posts: 567 ✭✭✭
    If there is an award for the craziest reply, I may win it here, but it comes from the heart.

First...seriously consider medical marijuana if you can obtain it. I know it stimulates appetite and I once had the absolute worst hangover in the world just vanish from that stuff. Yeah...you'll watch more cartoons...but pain does vanish.

Second, I've read studies that healthy "gut bacteria" can be re-established by ingesting healthy gut bacteria entrained in donor fecal matter. Yeah...thats gross...but Google the topic and discuss it with your physician. Its a serious form of treatment.

Best of health to you,

Steve
  • thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news !
    I hope you continue to improve !

Paul
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know you were sick! I sure hope you keep getting better my friend as I find your posts interesting and you have inspired me just in case you didn't know this. I have also been hit with problems that have affected my health and it not much fun. Keep your head up bro and I hope you you can turn it around........Joe
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Best wishes but as an Internest/Oncologist for 30 years I'd say you need to see some other doctors.

I doubt you have as yet identified the correct cause of your problems.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al, you know I say laughter is the best medicine, but the gentleman posting before me makes a good point. Best to you.

P.S.
    ' always enjoyed our phone chats.

Joe
  • baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope your health continues to improve, sounds like you're on the way to a full recovery. Great news! Bob
    Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! This is a great hobby for escaping life's many troubles.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭✭✭
    normally I am trying to get my patients to lose weight, but it sounds great in your case.
    LCoopie = Les
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope you get real better real soon. And besides, there are those of us that would be more than a bit generous in sharing some body fat - I'll gladly pitch in that nagging 5 kilogrammes to start.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes for continued improvement! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's quite a story, glad to hear you're getting better!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    The Forum always prayers and stands with a Forum member, in good times and bad.

We are all very glad that this seems to be one of the very good times. May all your

future concerns, be only about obtaining beautiful coins for your collection. Regards, Abeimage
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donor fecal matter...yum!

Hope it doesn't come to that for you Alan! But who knows!!!

• BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    Alan, I just had to make this a 100 reply thread. I just had too.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See- Buying coins is healthy!
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best wishes to you, Alan.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭