Home Metal Detecting
Options

New hi-tech vs. old style detectors ; question ?

I had a good old White's and after that , a Compass - in the seventies and 80's

I learned with both how to differentiate by the "fuzz" in my headphones as to whether to dig or not ,

over the years , I found some classic stuff , but now over 55 my knees cant take it and too many folks call the cops if they see me working a park .

But let me ask this : are the new generation of detectors light years ahead of the one's I used to use ?

Comments

• Options
    JamesMurrayJamesMurray Posts: 4,036
    In a nutshell , Yes. I'm in the same boat having started with C scope many years ago and coming away from it for a while i havnt grown up with the new generation of detectors so im a bit lost.What i envy about them is depth , that's all. I can live without the bells and whistles.
    Having said that i still use a bounty hunter ll but i'm not serious about the hobby anymore.If i were i'd splash the 250 on an Ace.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... the new ones are an order of magnitude beyond the old ones. There are many different types to choose from (i.e. water, dirt, gold, super deep etc). If you are serious about the hobby, the investment is worth it. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    thank you !