Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Be safe folks.....pick up the phone..

AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
As close knit a community that we are here on the PCGS forum, we really do not know what is going on in
someone's life. Nor should we. However, that being said, please take the time to pick up the phone and
talk to whomever you are contemplating doing business with.
Be safe or at least safer.
Nothing like talking to someone on the phone. Vibes seem to travel very well on phone lines! I say this
for the fellows on the BST and in general as well. I like hearing a voice. It helps me make a decision and
I'll tell you that more than once I was happy I called and talked to the other forum member.

Be wise, be safe.

Peace,

bobimage

PS: here is my phone number: xxx-xxx-0936
Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Bob - Are you giving away free St. Gaudens' again? You want me to call? image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well spoken image
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690
    I have talked to a few fellows on the phone. In fact, most of my communications always include my e-mail address and phone number. I have no issue with saying hello. Just don't send me no freakin' text messages! image
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    In general I concur with your advice. That said, some of the biggest scammers I've run into are also extremely smooth talkers, and I would, personally, speak with references with as much or more vigor if there were any concern on my part.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to 1955!

After somebody puts your number into an autodial machine you'll want to turn off that ringer.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    1955 was good. No answering machine, email or voice mail. Just pick up the phone and call. If you get a busy
    or the party line is in use, call back later. We do get impersonal with all the modern gadgets. I even have my
    kids text me. WTF is that? Pick up the phone and dial, don't waste your time on texting.
    I get a text and answer with a call. I think they don't like that! Maybe I'm wasting their time with BS and small
    talk and asking how the baby is or the kids are or what are their plans for the weekend, etc. Old fuddy duddy
    Dad. Just send him a text, he takes too much time on the phone!
    I get it.

bobimage
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might as well change your phone # now. Giving out your phone number on a public forum is asking for I.D. theft. They now have your name and address....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>Welcome to 1955!

After somebody puts your number into an autodial machine you'll want to turn off that ringer. >>

Wei, you wouldn't do that to me, would ya? Actually wouldn't mind hearing from you often with your sales pitches!

bobimage
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Thats what i dont understand about "texting", it takes me way longer than callingimage--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You might as well change your phone # now. Giving out your phone number on a public forum is asking for I.D. theft. They now have your name and address.... >>

I would urge you, now, to edit your post and remove your phone number!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You might as well change your phone # now. Giving out your phone number on a public forum is asking for I.D. theft. They now have your name and address.... >>

I would urge you, now, to edit your post and remove your phone number! >>

LOL, I'm sorry but I'd like a few phone calls! Anything to spice up the day. Being retired as it's advantages but also it's disadvantages. I like
    to communicate and work filled that gap. Now it's just me and the wife and how much more can you come up with to talk about that hasn't been
    discussed in the last 45 years? Politics gets old, just like me!

Call me!

bobimage

But, Okay, I'll edit my thread to eliminate my phone number. Just look me up in google or the Las Vegas white pages, or send me a PM......dang, I was
    trying to avoid this new fangled method of communication. CALL ME.

• Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Bob,I can almost yell out my back window if thats cool with Lindaimage
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM your phone number to me. I have a referral for you.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    The only way that I can reach two of my granddaughters is to text them...they refuse to answer their cell phones????
    Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file