Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official PSA Monthly Group Rip #1 Football and Hockey Monster Break...17 BOXES, 660 Packs!!! SOLD OU

12346»

Comments

• Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    So if anyone opens the 1977 Topps Football rack packs and finds any of the 3 cards listed below.

Please let me know. Send me a scan. Tell me if they are available, if so how much.

Thank you,
    -Larry

7 MIKE PHIPPS
    321 ALLAN ELLIS
    431 TONY GREENE
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Got my packs on Saturday.. Only opened the 2 - 86/87 OPC Hockey, and 1 86T..

I don't think I will open the '77 Rack (HOF on front).

Here is what I got out of my Hockey Packs, and my '77 Rack

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Staying sealed. Here are the pics.

• Options
    Anyone else not receive their packs yet? I'm getting a little nervous as usually I'd have them by now.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else not receive their packs yet? I'm getting a little nervous as usually I'd have them by now. >>

I received my 3 packs on Saturday and I'm usually one of the last ones to get the packs since I'm on Long Island. You should contact BBCE to find out if they can see from the tracking where it is. Hopefully, it just took a break on its way to you and will be there shortly.

I'd post pictures, but I think everyone's seen a picture of the 1981, 1984, and 1986 Football wax packs already. The packs are in great shape. Thanks again to miconelegacy and Steve and the rest of the guys at BBCE for another great group rip!!! image

Edits in bold.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job pulling the Patrick Roy from the 1986 OPC.
  • Options
    UPS showed up tonight and delivered them to my relief. Pulled a largent rookie(MC),mike webster rc(8),81 opc gretzky(8-9),82 opc hawerchuk rc(8-9),82 opc gretzky oilers team card(8-9), Vanviesbrook rc(8),and some more HOF'ers mostly 8's and lower. I'll get scans up tomorrow. Normally all my bbce comes usps so I was concerned as usually max is 4 days. UPS ground must have taken a detour before arriving.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Is it time yet for the next group rip? image
  • Options
    Anyone interested in buying my group rip cards just back from PSA? I dont collect football. Here are the 81's and 86's.

1 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1979 TOPPS 183 LEE FOGOLIN Card US
    2 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1979 TOPPS 185 BOBBY HULL Card US
    3 MINT 9 1979 TOPPS 227 ALAIN DAIGLE Card US
    4 MINT 9 1979 TOPPS TEAM INSERT STICKERS WINNIPEG JETS Card US
    5 MINT 9 1979 TOPPS TEAM INSERT STICKERS WASHINGTON CAPITALS Card US
    6 MINT 9 OC 1981 TOPPS 194 ART MONK Card US
    7 GEM MINT 10 1981 TOPPS 209 MARK DENNARD Card US
    8 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1981 TOPPS 400 WALTER PAYTON Card US
    9 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1984 O-PEE-CHEE 327 CAM NEELY Card US
    10 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 TOPPS 156 JOE MONTANA Card US
    11 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 TOPPS 255 BOOMER ESIASON Card US
    12 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 TOPPS 389 BRUCE SMITH
    Working my way to #1 1979 Topps Hockey
    I know it's going to be tough!
  • Options
    As usual, I am the last to report as I am in Canada. Got my 82-83 OPC box and my packs yesterday. I pulled a few nice cards from the 81 Topps football packs, including a mint Art Monk rookie.

Alas, the 82-83 OPC box was a bust. Largely because 1/3 of the cards were ruined by the gum leeching into half the pack. It was pretty obvious there was going to be an issue. I haven't had much experience with unopened boxes, but is this something that is normal coming from BBCE or do they usually weed out heat damaged product? I was quite disappointed.

Also, the 81-82 OPC packs were weird. No gloss on the cards or that fresh pack grit, and the corners were inconsistent throughout the pack. Oh well.

-Nathanael
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As usual, I am the last to report as I am in Canada >>

There's an understatement, you're closest neighbor up there is Santa Claus.
    Sorry about the packs. That's why I've hesitated jumping in on the rips. Just rather take the $$ and buy the "hits" already graded. The expectation and thrill isn't the same, but it is more finacially sound 95+% of the time.
  • Options
    Yes, I must start considering BBCE orders like entertainment expenses, such as hockey tickets. The opening of packs should be excitement enough.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Buying PSA graded cards is much cheaper.

Nathanael
  • Options
    Okay, I finally got around to opening the box from BBCE.

All the packs looked in great shape, except for one pack that was missing the gum but still looked good.

I opened two of the 83-84 OPC Hockey packs and the rest will remain closed for now.

The star cards were Grant Fuhr, Mike Gartner and a Phil Housley rookie, all off center. The rest of the cards were in decent shape and some were centred okay.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I could use the following cards for TTM if anyone pulled them and is willing to sell or trade.

1980 Kim Bokamper
    1982 Steve Watson
    1983 Gerald Willhite
    1983 Rich Karlis
    1984 Barney Chavous
    1984 Sammy Winder
    1984 Cliff Stoudt
    1985 Mark Clayton
    1986 Faud Reveiz
    1986 Karl Mecklenburg
    1986 Jeremiah Castille
    1989 Cris Carter
    1989 Thurman Thomas
    1989 Steve At-water (Geez, had to break up his last name because it contains a 'forbidden word')
  • Options

<< <i>I just received mine in the mail. Nothing of note from the 81s (Billy Sims IA was good as a Lions fan), 86s (Dickerson and Marcus Allen were the biggest stars), or 89s. However, the 1984 yielded three nice cards (as far as star power; centering not so much):

image >>

Oh.

EXCELLENT 5 1984 TOPPS 63 JOHN ELWAY
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>EXCELLENT 5 1984 TOPPS 63 JOHN ELWAY >>

Yeah, the centering sucks (which is important to me), but if I could buy PSA "5" cards from the 60s and 70s that looked like that I'd be buying all friggin day long.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.