Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official PSA Monthly Group Rip #1 Football and Hockey Monster Break...17 BOXES, 660 Packs!!! SOLD OU

Comments

• Options
    Just got an update from Steve, all payments have been received except for two. Toro and Nendee please get your payments in to BBCE. If you can before they close today, that would be great.

Thanks.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>I'm paid up! Steve will be shipping today, but it might take a little longer to get to me in Canada. >>

Have you heard anything on how long the backlog is ? 1 day ? 3 days ? weeks ?
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    I've paid now, thanks!
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    SleepyDaveSleepyDave Posts: 152 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm paid up! Steve will be shipping today, but it might take a little longer to get to me in Canada. >>

Have you heard anything on how long the backlog is ? 1 day ? 3 days ? weeks ? >>

If you're talking about Canada Post being back to work, I am not sure. I have heard that they are taking their sweet time with stuff that was already in transit.
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Christopher, you have sent $287.63 USD to bbcardexchange@sprintmail.com

Thanks for setting this up!
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a dog sitting next to the front door waiting for the mailman to get here...

• Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    got my 4 packs - 2 - 84 topps and 2 - 81 topps... no stars but these were some of the nicest packs I've ever seen a few people should be very happy if they pull the star cards!
  • Options
    Oh that was such a tease with "these are the nicest packs I have ever seen"!

I hope I get my packs tomorrow. I will be ripping a few!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    leathtechleathtech Posts: 3,191
    I wish I could have resisted leaving my 1981 Topps packed unopened they we're probably PSA 10 packs for sure.
  • Options
    All you guys who can leave packs unopened; I don't know how you do it. I've got absolutely no chance.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    I thought for sure my packs would show up today....not quite. I will be racing home like I am on the autobahn to see if they get here tomorrow. I am actually heading out to Germany on Saturday so I might as well get some practice in.
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    I wanna request that for the next baseball break we split up a box of 1993 Upper Deck SP to try and crack open some Jeters. $14.81 a pack w/ 10% discount.

EDIT: I am in no rush to get my packs. I have 3 different packages of collectibles either MIA right now or being randomly sent to other parts of my state. Really looking forward to a sweet package of collectibles from Argentina that went out about 22 days ago. The package is currently missing somewhere in South America.

Gonna cry if I get my stuff from Steve before I get any of these 3 packages.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Package arrived from BBCE for me today.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    waiting for some scans. I'm heading to Disney this week (son is playing in Disney Elite World Series - 14u) so I'll have to wait on my bust when I return.... image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>waiting for some scans. I'm heading to Disney this week (son is playing in Disney Elite World Series - 14u) so I'll have to wait on my bust when I return.... image >>

David, good luck to your son and his team. I've played a number of softball tournaments at the Wide World of Sports complex and the fields are just beautiful. The parks aren't half bad either. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my packs today. For the most part the cards looked pretty good. Here are a couple pictures of some of the cards I pulled.
    James

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot about these 2.
    James

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW that Montana looks sweet. Nice pull!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my package today.

I picked some extra packs from BBCE

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    I got no love from the UPS driver today... I'll have to tide myself over with everyone else's scans! image
  • Options
    I just received mine in the mail. Nothing of note from the 81s (Billy Sims IA was good as a Lions fan), 86s (Dickerson and Marcus Allen were the biggest stars), or 89s. However, the 1984 yielded three nice cards (as far as star power; centering not so much):

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW that Montana looks sweet. Nice pull!! >>

agreed!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Got my well packed box from BBCE today, not sure what I sure start breaking first image

• Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    got my packs today, 1 each of the 77 rak, 81 wax, 84 wax and 86 wax packs.

Not sure if I'll open any of them. No hall of famers on the front of my 77 rak but the back has 2 of them:

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Received my packs today. '81 Topps Football cards looked sharp out of the pack. Bradshaw was the best card I pulled there. '84 Topps Football had some centering problems. Best card pulled was a Dwight Stephenson RC. Not gradeable though. 1986 Topps Football and 1989 Score Football - no major pulls of note.

I am probably leaving my 1977 Topps Football racks unopened. One pack has a HOF'er showing on the front, while the other pack has one showing on the back:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I received my packs today also.

Opened 84, 86 FB and 81/82 hockey.

OPC cards were poorly centered,

86 FB were ok with a nicely centered Payton--yellow print mark lower left side.
    What would this lower grade to? 8 max.

84 FB were again very nicely centered overall.

I am keeping 1 of each unopened along with the 77 FB rack. (for now)

Nice HOF Fred Biletnikoff showing on rack.

• Options
    Here are the pulls from my packs -

89 packs - Aikman had trivia insert next to it leaving a light indention line, pulled the big rc's and set needs

81 packs - Mchmahon rc o/c & marcus allen sticker rookie

86 packs - Jerry Rice rookie was first card in pack and has very light wax stain on the back, not sure if I should mess with trying to remove it

84 packs - Dickerson rc was the gum card and has light residue on back of card, 2 of the packs had warped card cards including several in the scan

84/85 opc - not much but two gretzkys, one was has wax stain on front and light indention

• Options
    It's too bad PSA doesn't slab racks.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Not much in the packs I opened except the OPC Hockey had two nice rookies in one pack. Also a couple minor Paytons.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Very nice. I would be very happy if I got a Coffey like that in my packs.
  • Options
    My four packs of '84 Topps arrived today:

THE GOOD NEWS- The majority of the cards had crisp images, nice gloss and sharp corners.

THE BAD NEWS- 90% of the cards had a noticeable tilt.

THE BAD NEWS, PART II- Very, very little star power. The biggest name out of the regular-issue cards was Dan Fouts. The only card out of the four packs that might be worth grading is a Montana IR card that probably has about a 50-50 shot at a 9. I'll try to get a scan up.
    I also got a Payton IR that would be gradeable if not for the centering.

Still a fun rip, and thanks to miconelegacy for organizing!
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i got my packs today one of my 2 1977 racks have a very bad indentation on the top 2 cards but the other rack looks very nice not sure what happened here i will try to get scans tomm..
  • Options
    Just received my 12 packs. Not sure if I am going to open them all or keep some sealed.
  • Options
    Nothing in the mail today. image
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I got my football packs today, along with some 80's baseball rack packs. So far, I've only opened ONE rack pack of '83 Topps. Not bad, even if it is pretty O/C.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    Well happy so far. 4 packs of 1989 Score and I opened both Barry Sanders and Troy Aikmans RCs.
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Coffey rookie and Anderson rookie look sweet! Very jealous.

-Nathanael
  • Options
    I should have quit at the 1989 Score packs. Opened my 4 1981 and 1984 and nothing really worth mentioning.

Well was fun to crack the packs.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Got my (2) packs of 84 Topps and 89 Score today.

Here are my hits. Got an Aikman and Carter rookie out of the Score (very nice cards) and an off center Marino rookie out of the Topps. Topps must have had a pretty poor quality year in 1984. Did they ever cut a card out straight that year?

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    i just wanted to say thanks for steve getting back to me i appreciate that...i know that in the 1970 racks that happens alot..i am just gonna crack that one and save the other
  • Options
    hockeycrazyhockeycrazy Posts: 309 ✭✭
    The seals on both of my 1981 OPC packs were already broken when I received the cards. Did anyone else have this issue? The packs themselves were very nice but as I note, the back seals were broken. So much for getting them graded. Dave
  • Options
    Going to go check mine
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    All the hockey packs look great!!! Will be sending in some of my 1981 and 1986 packs for grading.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Here is the Montana IR. It's the only card I got that is worth a scan.
    I don't think it would ever grade lower than 8 or higher than 9. Worth grading?

-CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

• Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I opened my four packs each of '84 and '86 Topps. Not too bad. The corners were all nice, even if the centering was hit or miss. The '86 Montana is a real blazer and I was quite happy about the Elway. Sorry for the phone pics.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • Options
    that was a fun rip. there were small indentations on the first couple of cards in each 84-85 opc pack. the 81-82's were clean but centering was all over the place. my best hits were 81-82 Kurri RC (looks like an 8) and 84-85 Gilmour RC and 84-85 Gretzky #243. Coffey & Yzerman have eluded me once again!
  • Options
    hockeycrazyhockeycrazy Posts: 309 ✭✭
    I opened both of my 1981 OPC packs as the seal was broken on both. The 14 cards per pack (wow, was not expecting that many) looked like they had gone thru the washing machine. Not a single star either. Oh well, the game of unopened material is always a crapshoot.
  • Options
    No package yet, the suspense is killing me. Hopefully Monday.
  • Options
    Got my package today....the 77 rack was a bust...cards had slight dings in corners...still alot of fun to rip. Got a pack each of 81, 84 and 86 Football. They will remain unopened
    for awhile....atleast until I get bored and start to wonder whats inside. Thanks for putting this together. I will be back for a few more.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Nothing special for me. The 85 FB was pretty clean, the 83's were almost all OC. Keeping my 77 rack sealed for now.

------
    stupid print dots