Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buyer leaves + feedback for this 79 Ozzie Smith. A shame or a scam?

2»

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Mike:

I need to get you and the LI boys over to NJ to take you out to my hidden gem for some real wings (and great BBQ). The wings are less than BWW and more than twice the size!!!
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is a lesson for you....ahhheeeemmmm.... >>

So is Sean's name actually Ahhheeeemmmm? This is getting more and more bizarre.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

Ah, luv how the left arm slightly presses on left boobie image
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Interesting that because some buyer ponies up for the Ozzie and falls for the OVERGRADED description and still leaves positive feedback, Sean is declaring victory and, in essence, stating that such validates his deceptive listing practices and keyword spamming.

As I said from the get-go, this guy is a tool... For those that defended him and/or still wish to deal with him, do so at your own risk. I certainly will avoid him like the plague. >>

I agree that the guy is a tool. But in fairness, if a buyer receives the card and is happy with the purchase then that does, in fact, validate the deceptive listing practices, since the only two genuine stakeholders (the seller and buyer) are clearly satisfied.

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Ebay sellers that sell resealed wax and counterfeit cards also get positive feedback from people that don't know any better. That doesn't justify them falsely describing the goods they're selling. Even if they send an email stating they think it might be fake and they will accept a return if the buyer thinks the card/wax isn't legit, the seller KNOWS the card/wax isn't legit and knowingly has frauded the buyer.

Come on dude, you know the card isn't even close to mint and you know you had no business selling it as such. Even if a listing error was made, you had no business accepting the hammer price. You should've just canceled the auction and relisted it with an accurate description. Greed got the best of you and now you're justifying your actions which according to just about everybody on this board (with a cumulative buying and selling experience in cards dwarfs yours) is wrong. So either the 20 or so people that chimed in on the 3 threads are wrong, or you are. Own up to your mistake and learn from it.

Lee
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Sean- CU is a forgiving neighborhood. Just admit that the listing was deceptive, everyone will forgive you, and we can move on as if this never happened. But don't dig the hole any deeper...Then CU will shift into "kick him while he's down" mode and thats never a good thing.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>Then CU will shift into "kick him while he's down" mode >>

Didn't that already happen on one of the previous threads?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the scary thing about deceptive practices is that no one person is born knowing how, it must come as being learned from a higher, more powerful authority.....consider this as a giant snowball rolling down a hill....somewhere along its route, it picked up another innocent bystander who felt obligated to keep the snowball rolling by seeking out yet another innocent bystander who will eventually learn how, too.....the snowball never stops.

the hill never ends.
  • Options
    I like the centering on the card
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    In

And +1 for TOOL
    After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    FrancartFrancart Posts: 334 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    why must people create drama or respond to drama on these forums?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>why must people create drama or respond to drama on these forums? >>

well, we can't depend on people from other forums to come here and do it for us, now can we? image
  • Options
    Post Padding

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
This discussion has been closed.