Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buyer leaves + feedback for this 79 Ozzie Smith. A shame or a scam?

All you have to do is search the threads from a couple weeks ago and know this 1979 Ozzie Smith was discussed here because the seller 1) used a bad pic 2) Inaccurately described the auction and 3) refused to correct the auction ...as far as refusing to correct the auction, the seller stated he could not amend the description because the auction already had bids. But as he was told, he could have ended the auction and listed it correctly but he did not.

Congrats to that seller for getting positive feedback (thats sarcastic). So is this a shame or is it a scam? A shame because he got one over on an uneducated buyer or a scam because he knew the flack he took and had a friend buy it so he could get positive feedback and say "look, there was nothing wrong with what I did!".

Personally, I think its probably just a shame that he got one over on an uneducated buyer.

The things that are concerning though....
-raw Ozzie Smith rookies rarely sell that high
-dishonesty of the seller has already been accurately shown
-failure to take responsibility for auctions
-has a history of keyword spamming
-proud of all of the above

79 Ozzie

So my final impression....this is a shame with scam involved. Get in before the lock! hahaha

Comments

• Options
    Pretty hefty accusations, this is libel.

I've had 4 people leave feedback for the cards they have received and one board member purchased some cards off me that he should have received yesterday or will be receiving Monday.

This is completely untrue and you really should remove this post.

Edited to add the buyer

Buyer

<< <i>

Oh I'd like to add...

~You told me yourself "Luck and timing"
    ~I'm sorry you feel that my grading isn't up to par, don't buy from me
    ~Do you see all my current auctions? Nothing like previous, I had someone listing them and told him to NOT do what he did... And he isn't
    ~I had a bryce harper posted, if one auction (And an accidental one with an actual Michael Jordan listing) count as a HISTORY then I wonder what you have a history of....
    ~I would definitely not have changed the auctions if I was "proud" of all of the above, you are assuming and quite wrong. >>

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    in.
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty hefty accusations, this is libel.

I've had 4 people leave feedback for the cards they have received and one board member purchased some cards off me that he should have received yesterday or will be receiving Monday.

Edited to add the buyer

Buyer >>

But yet you had no problem retracting your bid and saying Mike was shilling his Harper card, you are an idiot.
  • Options

<< <i>

Edited to add the buyer

Buyer >>

But yet you had no problem retracting your bid and saying Mike was shilling his Harper card, you are an idiot. >>

Nah, it's ok, Yank made it so it's beyond easy to actually take legal action.

I said I removed my bid because I felt a certain way, this is beyond "feeling", he made a post and is accusing me of feedback fraud - which I'm sure ebay will be happy to support that I have not done.
  • Options
    I absolutely love it when a board member threatens "legal action" against another board member. That's one of my favorite things that happens here.

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Edited to add the buyer

Buyer >>

But yet you had no problem retracting your bid and saying Mike was shilling his Harper card, you are an idiot. >>

Nah, it's ok, Yank made it so it's beyond easy to actually take legal action.

I said I removed my bid because I felt a certain way, this is beyond "feeling", he made a post and is accusing me of feedback fraud - which I'm sure ebay will be happy to support that I have not done. >>

I'm sure it will go higher but I DO NOT want to deal with ANYONE shilling their own auctions.

Those were the exact words you typed, idiot.

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Let's examine.

Truth: This raw 1979 Topps Smith sells higher than normal. There is only one on ebay that sold higher, none others come close. Just look at ebay completed items.

-dishonesty of the seller has already been shown
    Truth: READ HERE READ HERE 2

Truth: blames on "friend" posting auctions and refuses to end auctions to make right. Read links above.

-Has history of keyword spamming
    Truth: Seller has admitted to this. Read links above.

-proud of all of the above.
    Truth: Again, easy to see with the sellers attitude in the links above.

-bad pic
    Truth: Here's the pic used in the auction...

-inaccurately describes auctions
    Truth: Listed card as MINT. Maybe I have lost my ability to read?

So, other than that, I just said what I think...Only you and possibly another party or two may know the truth. Tell me, what here is not accurate?
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>I absolutely love it when a board member threatens "legal action" against another board member. That's one of my favorite things that happens here. >>

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Nothing makes popcorn girl happier! Speaking of which, where is she??????
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I absolutely love it when a board member threatens "legal action" against another board member. That's one of my favorite things that happens here. >>

ABSOLUTELY!!!! Nothing makes popcorn girl happier! Speaking of which, where is she?????? >>

We're having some Mexican food later tonight.
  • Options
    Let's not forget here, Sean, just because people leave you positive feedback doesnt mean you have been on the up and up. There is one ebay seller discussed here often with THOUSANDS of positive FB and we know what he is up to.
  • Options
    Clearly we all here (or at least I hope so) know this card is not "Mint" by our standards but one person could have a different definition of mint than another...buyer's responsibility.
  • Options

<< <i>Let's not forget here, Sean, just because people leave you positive feedback doesnt mean you have been on the up and up. There is one ebay seller discussed here often with THOUSANDS of positive FB and we know what he is up to. >>

Don't ignore the fact the feedback was left on the one transaction that you used to base your entire argument on, and since it defaulted what you had to say you had to come up with something else... I wonder who else was like that, oh right Pres Bush.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Glad I didn't bid on that card.

My seeing eye dog is an excellent grader.
  • Options
    Just because there is a sucker born every doesn't make you one of them Yank.

I buy up UD Griffeys at $8 a pop and if they are centered they pull 20-25 all day on the bay....
  • Options

<< <i>
    Don't ignore the fact the feedback was left on the one transaction that you used to base your entire argument on, and since it defaulted what you had to say you had to come up with something else... I wonder who else was like that, oh right Pres Bush. >>

That's libel! Im telling President Bush to contact his lawyers and start legal action immediately!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Don't ignore the fact the feedback was left on the one transaction that you used to base your entire argument on, and since it defaulted what you had to say you had to come up with something else... I wonder who else was like that, oh right Pres Bush. >>

That's libel! Im telling President Bush to contact his lawyers and start legal action immediately!!!! >>

There's a difference between opinion and accusation, I suggest you learn it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That's libel! Im telling President Bush to contact his lawyers and start legal action immediately!!!! >>

It's not libel unless it was posted in a chat forum.
  • Options

<< <i>Glad I didn't bid on that card.

My seeing eye dog is an excellent grader. >>

image lol
  • Options
    That's called "sarcasm"
  • Options
    Sean you obviously have some problems... Maybe you should look into that... just saying.

Edit: Also do not reply to the box breaks we are doing, as you are banned from those.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>Sean you obviously have some problems... Maybe you should look into that... just saying. >>

Ok, so "put my shoes on for a minute"

Someone posts a completely false accusation about you committing feedback fraud, accuses you of "see list above"

What would you do?
  • Options

This thread is being videotaped in front of a postal employee.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread is being videotaped in front of a postal employee. >>

Haven't had one return yet mate. Keep em coming I'm getting my weeks laughs.
  • Options

<< <i>Sean you obviously have some problems... Maybe you should look into that... just saying.

Edit: Also do not reply to the box breaks we are doing, as you are banned from those. >>

Now now...play fair...only hurting BBCX with a ban.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sean you obviously have some problems... Maybe you should look into that... just saying. >>

Ok, so "put my shoes on for a minute"

Someone posts a completely false accusation about you committing feedback fraud, accuses you of "see list above"

What would you do? >>

So prove me wrong, Sean. I dont see you giving good reasons to explain any of what I listed. Therefore, is it true? All you are doing is yelling that they are all false. If you prove me wrong, I will gladly admit I went overboard and give you a public apology.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread is being videotaped in front of a postal employee. >>

I need to put some pants on.
  • Options
    What do you want me to do other than post the buyers feedback for you to view yourself and see what/when they bought and from whom... I did that in my first post.
  • Options
    As far as feedback fraud, I didnt accuse you of that. In fact, I said I think you got one over on an uneducated buyer. The scam was you saying the card was MINT and using a pic that doesnt show the bottom corners. I did bring up the possibility that you could have done that but that is not what I think happened.
  • Options
    You know....we could make threads like this all day with auctions/listings from NESC.
  • Options
    Here is a lesson for you....ahhheeeemmmm....

If you want to be an honest seller, you could have ended that auction and reposted with an accurate description and a good pic. Even after letting that auction ended, you could have contacted the winner of the auction and disclosed that the card is NOT mint and the issues with the card (corner damage) and maybe even sent him another pic so he could decide if he still wanted to pay that kind of money for a raw 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith.

I cant believe that needs to be explained to you. In fact, its so unbelievable, thats why you are getting such flack for your auctions.
  • Options

<< <i>Here is a lesson for you....ahhheeeemmmm....

If you want to be an honest seller, you could have ended that auction and reposted with an accurate description and a good pic. Even after letting that auction ended, you could have contacted the winner of the auction and disclosed that the card is NOT mint and the issues with the card (corner damage) and maybe even sent him another pic so he could decide if he still wanted to pay that kind of money for a raw 1979 Topps Ozzie Smith.

I cant believe that needs to be explained to you. In fact, its so unbelievable, thats why you are getting such flack for your auctions. >>

Because you are aware of the message I sent him saying I did not think the card was up to par and picture did it a bit too much justice and if he wanted to return it I would issue him a full refund including shipping.

Correct?

• Options
    LOL sure, sure
  • Options
    So now Sean really wants to get colorful and find me on Facebook and get names of people on my friends list. Interesting, Sean. That kind of thing will get you kicked off here.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I'm in before the lock!!! image

Patrick,

Have fun having Mexican with popcorn girl tonight. I'm actually going out for some wild wings later.

And people wonder why they still allow fighting in hockey. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm in before the lock!!! image

Patrick,

Have fun having Mexican with popcorn girl tonight. I'm actually going out for some wild wings later.

And people wonder why they still allow fighting in hockey. image >>

Thank you sir...had wild wings the other night...they were too hot for me image

edit: have fun with the wings tonight image
  • Options

<< <i>Because you are aware of the message I sent him saying I did not think the card was up to par and picture did it a bit too much justice and if he wanted to return it I would issue him a full refund including shipping.

Correct? >>

Not that there's any way to ever know for sure, but right now I'm trying to contemplate what kind of odds I would need to place a bet on "the claim made above is true".
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm in before the lock!!! image

Patrick,

And people wonder why they still allow fighting in hockey. image >>

Thank you sir...had wild wings the other night...they were too hot for me image >>

I'd say something to you but you have yet to actually do anything other than simply post in the thread... I'm a heat junkie!
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been away for too long.

Just read yankeeno's links.

Sean, shouldn't list cards like that. Tisk Tisk.
  • Options
    Yawn..........
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah - where the heck is popcorn girl?
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here is a lesson for you....ahhheeeemmmm....

I cant believe that needs to be explained to you. In fact, its so unbelievable, thats why you are getting such flack for your auctions. >>

Because you are aware of the message I sent him saying I did not think the card was up to par and picture did it a bit too much justice and if he wanted to return it I would issue him a full refund including shipping.

Correct? >>

You knew the card was NOT mint before you began the auction. Whatever messages you sent after the auction began are somewhat irrelevant. Not showing the bottom border of the card may or may not have been an accident, but surely you noticed the creased top left corner and rounded top right corner. You sold a card that, if slabbed, would be a "6" and you labeled it as MINT. Just my 2 cents..
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Oh I'd like to add...

~You told me yourself "Luck and timing"
    ~I'm sorry you feel that my grading isn't up to par, don't buy from me
    ~Do you see all my current auctions? Nothing like previous, I had someone listing them and told him to NOT do what he did... And he isn't
    ~I had a bryce harper posted, if one auction (And an accidental one with an actual Michael Jordan listing) count as a HISTORY then I wonder what you have a history of....
    ~I would definitely not have changed the auctions if I was "proud" of all of the above, you are assuming and quite wrong. >>

>>

So where is it that what Im saying is not true? LOL You just proved to be true what I said with this edit that I just notice LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

Correct? >>

Hmm...so this makes me curious...since you supposedly sent him that message, did you offer him a discount? He was happy to know that he was paying for a card that was not as advertised AFTER the auction ended? Or did you both agree to cancel the transaction and for you being sooooo honest to tell him that the card wasnt up to par, was there an agreement for positive feedback left? He was happy to pay that price?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah - where the heck is popcorn girl? >>

• Options
    Is it just me, or is EagleEyeKid's thread about the Milan Lucic card exponentially more interesting than this one?
  • Options
    Love popcorn girl image

Actually, I would have never had made this thread if I didnt get a bunch of stupid PMs from Sean about this auction. Thanks for the fun! image
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    those PMs must have been pretty interesting to spawn this thread.
  • Options
    George Thorogood put it best. Sue me.

So when you see my listings run away
    The ones that didn't listen ain't so happy today
    The positive feedback, it's by my friend Chad
    I'm here to tell you boys I was born to be SNAD

Born, born to be SNAD
    I was born
    Born to be SNAD

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Interesting that because some buyer ponies up for the Ozzie and falls for the OVERGRADED description and still leaves positive feedback, Sean is declaring victory and, in essence, stating that such validates his deceptive listing practices and keyword spamming.

As I said from the get-go, this guy is a tool... For those that defended him and/or still wish to deal with him, do so at your own risk. I certainly will avoid him like the plague.
This discussion has been closed.