Home Precious Metals
Options

Private Mint liquidity

I'm new to the precious metals market and I have put myself in an position and I'm not sure
how to go forward. I currently live in Colorado and I will be moving permanently to Indiana in
two months. While I was out here in Colorado I have acquired some 1/10th oz pioneer series
Dan Carr gold bullion. In Colorado, this stuff is just as liquid as any other bullion because it is
minted here and most dealers and collectors recognize it readily. I'm afraid this won't be as
liquid in Indiana and when it comes time to sell I will be SOL and will have to sell significantly
below spot. Also, the specific pieces I have are not collectable or rare date stuff; I bought it
at bullion price.

Should I sell the Dan Carr stuff in CO and then buy more recognizable bullion and take the loss in premiums?

Will the Dan Carr stuff increase in value in Indiana because of scarcity?

Is my entire problem moot because of liquidity in online markets?

If you have any valuable commentary on interstate markets for any kind of bullion, I would love to here it.

Comments

• Options
    You always have the option of selling on eBay or sending over images to dealers in CO and selling that way. This will allow you to still realize the premium/liquidity of selling in CO while living in Indiana!

Have fun!
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I don't think you will have any problem selling it.
    Becky
  • Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942
    I do not think these are liquid, maybe you can work out a trade here on the BST forum.

I would buy below spot.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moot point with todays internet capabilities. Just write down your contact information for your
    CO dealers that you like.

Good luck on the move. Hope you enjoy the weather in Indiana!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and if you don't like the weather in Indiana, stick around 5 minutes, it'll change! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For well-known private issue stuff you should be able to get 95% of melt, especially if you have the COAs. It makes sorting them into the melt piles go faster.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always the BST here.... and of course, most dealers recognize D. Carr and his material. Should not be a problem. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks all,

This makes me feel much better.