Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My next GTG...

My next guess the grade will be an ICG MS-63 that I'll send to ANACS (MS-63), then to NGC (MS-63), then to PCGS (MS-63) and finally to CAC (green bean)... then I'll post it here and ask everyone to guess the grade! I know it sounds silly, but I just want to ensure it's an MS-63! image
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    A twist of irony as I am the first to reply to a thread you created imageimage
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whew!!
    That coin will downgrade in my opinion from being "worn out" taking such a long route. image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odds are infinitesimal that it would grade 63 from each service. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    questor54questor54 Posts: 1,351
    I bet it is 63.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better send a 64 (in your opinion ...image) if you want to guarantee a 63...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TheBigBTheBigB Posts: 942

<< <i>My next guess the grade will be an ICG MS-63 that I'll send to ANACS (MS-63), then to NGC (MS-63), then to PCGS (MS-63) and finally to CAC (green bean)... then I'll post it here and ask everyone to guess the grade! I know it sounds silly, but I just want to ensure it's an MS-63! image >>

Wouldn't it be cool if all the grading companies would offer a sticker instead of re-slabbing.

It would be like having passport stamps where you could see the coin's journey.

It would also provide the history everyone wants.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wouldn't it be cool if all the grading companies would offer a sticker instead of re-slabbing.
    It would be like having passport stamps where you could see the coin's journey.
    It would also provide the history everyone wants."

Ain't gonna happen. TPGs want better coins in THEIR slabs. Dealers carrying better coins and auction houses do not want buyers knowing that the fresh meat has been around the block umpteen times in the last 1-2 years.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is the COIN, not its slab or stickers. Which is precisely why collectors still need to be able to grade what they collect.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭
    I am excited to see the results, and even more excited that this crazy adventure is on Mr. Lafoe's dime.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    imageimage
    Becky
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I double dog dare ya to send it in 5 times to ICG, ANACS, NGC, PCGS, and CAC! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I double dog dare ya to send it in 5 times to ICG, ANACS, NGC, PCGS, and CAC! imageimage >>

That's NOT fair! You know my testosterone infused body HAS to take your dare! imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I double dog dare ya to send it in 5 times to ICG, ANACS, NGC, PCGS, and CAC! imageimage >>

That's NOT fair! You know my testosterone infused body HAS to take your dare! imageimage >>

OK then just go 3 times to each service! imageimage
  • Options
    What about Dominion?...... I heard they are tough buggers!
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>What about Dominion?...... I heard they are tough buggers! >>

We have mosquitoes... I could use a tough bugger!
  • Options

Are they even still in business image
  • Options

<< <i>

Are they even still in business image >>

Opps! No they are not! image

They were tough graders though IIRC
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Chances even three of the four grading services will agree is quite a long shot. Better be sure to select a white coin.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    Dont you have anything better to do with your money than keep the grading services in business? image
  • Options
    Dont you have anything better to do with your money than keep the grading services in business?

Have you ever conversed with Larry, he has absolutely nothing to do for the next few months, little projects like this entertain him. I would like to see the results and if you don't get it finished before you head out I can take over and complete "operation bored"
  • Options

<< <i>Dont you have anything better to do with your money than keep the grading services in business?

Have you ever conversed with Larry, he has absolutely nothing to do for the next few months, little projects like this entertain him. I would like to see the results and if you don't get it finished before you head out I can take over and complete "operation bored" >>

OK image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file