Home Precious Metals

APMEX no show at the Balto coin show

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
I drove to Baltimore on Friday with the intention of selling a few 1 oz gold bars. Whitman had APMEX listed at table 853. Well, I made a beeline to table 853 and found it unoccupied. I asked the dealers next to that table "what happened to APMEX" and they indicated that they were a no show. I was somewhat disappointed, because they usually give a fair and above what most coin dealers will give for bullion. After being insulted by low ball offers from several dealers, I was advised to see John Guide located at table 707. What a pleasant experience, very friendly and customer oriented coin dealer, who made me a fair offer that I accepted. In addition, I also purchased several Art Bars from him at a fair price.

PCGS had a new sample slab this year, that I also picked up. Not a bad trip or experience.
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Edited my post.

I had Ampex and kitco confused. My bad sorry.image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to hear that APMEX was a no show. Must be due to their legal problems. >>

Legal problems? I know Kitco has a few, but wasn't aware of any with APMEX...
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hate to hear that APMEX was a no show. Must be due to their legal problems. >>

Legal problems? I know Kitco has a few, but wasn't aware of any with APMEX... >>

Ditto.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I got kitco and Ampex confused. I am going to edit my above post.

<< <i>Sorry, I got kitco and Ampex confused. I am going to edit my above post. >>

"20 lashes with a wet noodle for you"image
  • Didn't APMEX get in trouble for showing their "Junk" silver on twitterimage
    A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Yogi Berra

<< <i>Didn't APMEX get in trouble for showing their "Junk" silver on twitterimage >>

If it's on the internet it must be trueimage
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Baltimore and purchased a sovereign and half sovereign from John Guide. His prices were fair, his staff was helpful and I would gladly deal with him again.
  • what did you sell and what $
    dont send sheep to kill a wolf...

<< <i>what did you sell and what $ >>

If you unlock your PM function...I'll tell yaimage
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't APMEX get in trouble for showing their "Junk" silver on twitterimage >>

Becky