Home Precious Metals
Options

US/Saudi Arabia "Gold Disc"

Picked this up today from my local B&M. She said it was brought in by an elderly man that said he had owned it for over 30 years. She had it X-rayed, tested, and weighed and everything came back correct. She sent it to PCGS to slab about 2 months ago and they sent it back to her saying they don't have a way to authenticate them. Here is the info I found on them and a few crappy pics of the disc. Any other info would be greatly appreciated and any insight to how to tell if its real or fake would be awesome as well. She sold it to me for melt, so I don't have much to lose because its still .94 of an oz of gold.
Thanks!
CJ

Link to better pics and more info:
Link
"When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    all I know about these is that steinbergs (they deal in world gold) had some of these a while back and sold them.
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    CalebCaleb Posts: 739
    Check out your thread on the US Coin Forum. Apparently NGC grades them image
  • Options
    I believe you got a steal - these should definitley carry a premium...
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    Looks like N,G,C will grade them....i'd like to send it in but it says they have a 5 coin min? anyone familiar with them? I've never had a coin graded.
    "When someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football"

MANY positive BST Transactions
  • Options
    sebrownsebrown Posts: 424
    PCGS will grade this coin (my Icon) as well. I just recently sold my coin that is PCGS graded at AU58 for $2324 on eBay so I would say there is a premium. image

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    sebrownsebrown Posts: 424
    For a little more info into this coin, check here!

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan