Home Metal Detecting
Options

Texas Commems

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks. image I'm from Missouri. Show me your Texas commem or if your from Cleveland one of those will do too.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello PPC... not skilled at photography, however, I have a Texas Commemorative... beautiful coin. I once put together a series with a coin from each state I have lived in (nine) and Texas was one of them. At the time, the SHQ's were not out, so settled for a state token from a couple (AZ, FL).... Neat set - not meaningful to anyone be me, but heck, it is my collection..image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO, The set that you put together doesn't have to be meaningful to anyone else. It had a special meaning to you and that's what counts. I have toyed with the idea of starting a date set of my birth year from as many countries as I could find. I'm sure that others have done this. If collectors out there have done this how many countries have you found for your collection. I posted this in the wrong forum to start with. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem... I have, along with my state set, added coins from the countries I have lived in as well (Portugal, England, Barbados, Puerto Rico - and those I visited - Scotland, France, Denmark, Azores, New Zealand).... makes for a nice 'lifeline' story. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a 39 D texas commem as well. wishi could afford a few more and in due time i will. im glad to see lebron james got shut up for a change.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    Here is my set.......... I know I need to take pictures!Spooly's Texas Set
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!