Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 Cents

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got my 3rd 2011 cent today. And like the other 2 I found it on the street. I haven't received any in change nor have I found any metal detecting.

Comments

  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭
    Got my 2011 nickels also in change.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten dozens and dozens of them.....and have been surprised as the spotting seems to be less than recent years.

    Some have looked like MS68s to me but of course I have drank enough Kool Aid to realize sending them in would only result in an MS64.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    I agree ambro. I've gotten several, mostly philadelphia mints, and they've looked clean. I don't know why but last year the majority I got in IL was D mints and this year it's P mint.

    Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

    #1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    aj2525raj2525r Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Hello,

    Virtually all the 2011-D's I've seen have a lot of spots. I've gotten several rolls from the banks.
    I still call my accumulation my collection!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received TWO in change yesterday. Both P's in Florida. Not the first though. I received a couple in March as well.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P cents and dimes.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2011-D cents I've received seem to have a lack of detail in the portrait compared to the 2010's... anyone else notice this?
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received two 2011 cents in change yesterday at Meijer's Thrifty Acres in Royal Oak, MI. So far, those are the only 2011 coins I have received in change.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭
    have received several P mint dimes yesterday in change at the local gas station in.... Pinckney Michigam.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....seems like only yesterday I was walking home from Billy Breders store looking at the New Memorial Penny and seeing Abe Lincoln sitting inside the building.

    I can remember this.


    (what did I have for dinner two days ago? dont know)
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    im doing lake george 7-2 thru 7-6 and I always get all my updates there in change as well
    as old stuff too-i have ta locate a bank nearby there and scope it out this time
    image

    Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288 ✭
    I'm seeing quite a few cents, nickels and dimes, all D's, but no quarters yet. image
  • Options
    I have seen no 2011 coins yet, other than dollars from banks and the US Treasury.
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    I have nearly a full roll of 2010's, only a few 2011's, but in either case, all are "D" mints..

    I would be happy to exchange a few of these for "P" mints, since we don't seem to see too many at all, here on the Left Coast...

    UBERCOINER

    A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think i got a total of 5 on the cent, nickel and 1 dime in change. its been slow coming. i guess its better then nothing at this point
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭
    Lots of cents (Philadelphia) but I live in the Philly suburbs.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

    Instagram - numismatistkenny

    My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

    ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

    2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

    Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file