Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show us your Gem/ Super Gem Peace Dollars

2»

Comments

  • Options
    PeaceBDPeaceBD Posts: 234 ✭


    << <i>It will be interesting to see if you can maintain interest in the series for that long. If you can, you will undoubtedly have one of the finest sets in existence. If you're going to do this right, you'll need to be on a first-name basis with the bigger dealers in the series. It would be well worth your time to hit a few shows and get to know them, let them know what floats your boat, and let them know you're "in the market".

    When I look back at my hobbies & interests between my early 20's and today it would appear to anyone that I bounce from one thing to another. At various times I've been fanatical about guns, planted aquariums, coins, artwork, hunting, bird dogs, and the list goes on.

    The advantage in coin collecting must certainly go to the person who stays at it the longest, provided they do it with an open eye to prevailing wisdom and markets.

    I have a couple more coming this week. I'll post photos if they're as nice as I think they are. >>


    BryceM, thanks for the tips. I know exactly what you have been talking about with having a lot lot of hobbies. I have done similar stuff. I have been collecting coins since I was a kid. But it is just recently that I have started thinking about it seriously. I still have my planted tanks with all the ADA Gear image. But yeah the hobbies have their peaks and down times.



    << <i>image >>


    that is a nice one. image



    << <i>image >>


    That is absolutely beautiful.image



    << <i>NGC MS65

    image
    image >>


    That is a nice looking 25.



    << <i>image



    I WANT THIS COIN!!! >>


    Thanks.


    << <i>That 1923 and 1922 (PCGS-06746918 and PCGS-18684493) look great PeaceBD and dragon! image

    As for the 1964. We just need some to exist and an owner as brave as Joan image >>


    Thanks . I agree about the 64.



    << <i>MS-65 Cracked Planchet...

    image >>


    That is a very cool coin. Is it for sale? image
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623 ✭
    This coin is unknown in GEM and very very rare in UNC so this will have to do. image
    image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

    image

    image

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • Options


    << <i>This coin is unknown in GEM and very very rare in UNC so this will have to do. image
    image >>


    I am not into VAM's yet but this one is nice.


    << <i>image

    image >>


    Holding that album and looking through it must be a lot of pleasure. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    MrScienceMrScience Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Some great coins in this thread! Here are a few more gem Peace dollars....

    NGC MS66:
    image
    image

    PCGS MS65:
    image
    image

    NGC MS65:
    image
    image
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one I just got today, by way of a very helpful dealer. I think I like it!

    PCGS MS-66 CAC

    image
    image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,330 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>image
    image
    Thank you DC!!! image >>




    This is still cool image
  • Options
    q]Some great coins in this thread! Here are a few more gem Peace dollars....

    NGC MS66:
    image
    image

    PCGS MS65:
    image
    image

    NGC MS65:
    image
    image >>


    Those are some nice looking coins. Thanks for sharing.



    << <i>Here's one I just got today, by way of a very helpful dealer. I think I like it!

    PCGS MS-66 CAC

    image
    image >>



    that is a great looking 23.image
  • Options
    Lovely Gems Folks! I could look at these all day long.
  • Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>NGC MS65

    image
    image >>




    Omg. I love/want that coin. PM if that coin is for sale.?
  • Options
    EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    4 pages of nice 66's and not one 67. I would think we would have seen at least one 67 around here by now. Are 67 Peace Dollars that Rare?
    ED
    .....................................................
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple more that I got within the last month, one courtesy of Larry Shaprio and the other from Heritage:

    image
    image

    We can argue the MS-65 grade, but I think the strike is pretty good for a '21.

    image
    image

    Taking decent photos is still a work in progress......
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>MS-65 Cracked Planchet...

    image >>


    That is a very cool coin. Is it for sale? image >>



    NO image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options


    << <i>A couple more that I got within the last month, one courtesy of Larry Shaprio and the other from Heritage:

    image
    image

    We can argue the MS-65 grade, but I think the strike is pretty good for a '21.

    image
    image

    Taking decent photos is still a work in progress...... >>



    That is a nice looking '21. The strike looks a lot better than some 65s I have seen being offered recently. I like the '25 too. Is it a 66?
    BD
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very nice examples posted so far. These are tough to find not all beat up.


    image
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, the 1921 is PCGS MS-65 and the 1925 is PCGS MS-66+, with a funny oval green sticker.
  • Options
    PCGS MS64 OGH

    image

    image
  • Options
    Great thread, and great looking Peace dollars. Here's my contribution, PCGS MS64:

    image
  • Options
    Not sure if it would be considered near gem or gem. But thought I would share

    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file