Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1910 Liberty Nickel

cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
Thoughts about the grade?

imageimage

Thoughts on toning?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    proof 63 wild guess
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.




  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty.


  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭


    << <i>proof 63 wild guess >>

    Hint: It's not proof.
  • Options
    RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 809 ✭✭✭
    Hello,

    A real nice AU-58

    Rob
    Rob
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424 ✭
    I can't really tell which are on the coin and which are on the holder, but my initial thought was a fairly nice AU-58. I've seen my fair share of coins like yours in MS-63 or MS-64 holders but will stick to my high AU guess.
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Sure would like to have this one in hand to do it proper... but it appears to be 65+... I see only 1-2 hits on either side, surface appears natural, and toning? Not sure about that, but I'm speaking for my skills here, not my doubts...

    I like it.
    UBERCOINER

    A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    howardshowards Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭
    58. Looks like rub in the hair, not a weak strike. Of course, there are lots of 58's in 62 holders these days.
  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭


    << <i>58. Looks like rub in the hair, not a weak strike. Of course, there are lots of 58's in 62 holders these days. >>

    I thought possibly the same, also.

    Would there be telltale rub elsewhere, too?
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff, I don't like the picture much (hard to read), but the coin looks solid ... and nice!

    I would say it's either in a 58 holder (appears to have slight rub), or if Unc, is probably a 63.

    Again, the picture probably does this coin no justice ... but it's enough to tell it's a pretty nice Nickel. 1910 is a good year too for the late dates.


    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only missing one fully struck star...some wear on the hair or just not fully struck...it is hard to tell without it being in hand but from the pics it looks like there is a little wear on the hair so I am going to guess AU. The reverse looks great besides the scratch on the V. AU58?
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Not really looking for much these days but if I were, it might be a toner. :smile:
  • Options
    cameron12xcameron12x Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭
    Grade revealed and smaller seller's photos:

    imageimage

    What is that label on the back on the slab?
  • Options
    COALPORTERCOALPORTER Posts: 2,900 ✭✭
    "What is that label on the back on the slab? "

    My quess is it is the seller's inventory sticker. I'd remove it before it can damage the hologram.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BU

  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats a decent coin cameron for a ms 63. wtg
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have said a 64, but maybe that hit on the V is pretty big. Looks much nicer than the 63 it was given, IMHO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file