Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1972 ddo - guess the grade

image

Comments

  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not a copper grader, but I like that variety and have one of my own. I guess I would call that one MS64RED.





  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275 ✭
    at least 65RD, very nice image
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65RD
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭
    AU55.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    Based on the obverse picture alone, I'd say 65 RD but I wouldn't complain about 64 RD either. Nice coin image
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64RD is my WAG as well.

    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    If luster looks good in hand then 65RD
  • Options
    Hit on the rim at 10:00 and the carbon flecks plus some traffic on the devices... MS63.
  • Options
    hammered54hammered54 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Hit on the rim at 10:00 and the carbon flecks plus some traffic on the devices... MS63. >>



    that was my first guess, but after just sitting there and staring at it for a while it looks to have seen the inside of a cash drawer.
    Successful Transactions.
    Barrytrot(2),Stupid,Savoyspecial,docq,ecoinquest, halfhunter,snman,Coll3ctor.
    wondercoin. Blue594. internetjunky.
    keepdachange. Scrapman1077.Ahrensdad, mrmom, mygrandeoso, blu62vette, Clackamas,giorgio11, adriana, cucamongacoin,
  • Options
    MS65 RD
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    31.5 RD

    there is room for improvement if you show the reverse
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pic is white washed to some degree, but assuming that it is not cleaned, 65RD. Mel
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    95 Scratch Rim Dent.
    Other than that I would have said 65RD.

    President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

  • Options
    smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭


    << <i>The pic is white washed to some degree, but assuming that it is not cleaned, 65RD. Mel >>


    image The color looks off to me. I'd guess the obverse a 64.
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    image

    yeah i think it's ridiculously overgraded too

    HA auction
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations... I would not have guessed 67.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    I need to add another coin for comparison

    image
    image

    will add PCGS opinion later
    This coin is 65RD
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭


    << <i>I need to add another coin for comparison

    image
    image

    will add PCGS opinion later >>



    ...judging by the 'busy' face i'd say 65 red.
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a very clean coin. My reaction was 66+ or 67 red, though I don't collect Lincolns and the nick on the rim bothered me some. Still, very nice.

    Tom

  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>

    yeah i think it's ridiculously overgraded too
    >>



    I was guessing 66 R since these don't usually come all that nice.

    Any coin that doesn't appear in a mint set probably is tougher in nicer condition because the typical
    die pair will strike no gems at all and if it does they'll probably be scratched up by the time they get
    found. There are only a few exceptions.

    Even a few of the mint set varieties are quite scarce in nice condition because all mint set dies don't
    ever make a gem.
    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file