Home Metal Detecting
Options

Garrett 350 .. Thoughts on this model ?

Looking for decent MD .. any thoughts on this Pros - Cons ?

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will serve you well in parks and dry sand at the beach. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I meant to weigh in on this since I have one-- I went from a Fisher CZ-3D to a White's Dual Feild for beach hunting but then realized I needed something with at least *some* discrimination for park and relic hunting. I'm not the best person to answer this 'cause I upgraded to a 10 x 14" Exelerator coil but I was happy with the stock coil. It's a really lightweight machine and it goes deep enough to find some older coins-- I've pinged 8" coins no problem. It *feels* like a toy compared to my CZ-3D but it was also $600 less and honestly I'm not sure the Fisher is worth the extra $$$, depends on what you're using it for. I can also leave a $400 detector in my car and not worry about it nearly as much as I can a $850 detector.

Ease of use is fantastic-- I use custom settings and can weed out pulltabs in parks along with Zincolns. Copper cents show up as dimes and I'm fine with that. My only advice-- buy upgraded earphones. The earphones it comes with seem like something off of a Fisher Price "My First Treasure Detector" set.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i thought it was alright. not sure if id get another one but it worked ok for me at the time
  • Options
    Well finally came to decision .. X-Terra 705 ..for the dual modes i think it will work well for the beach / Park .. and also for the occasional prospecting out in Kern and San gabriel river