Home Precious Metals

The 2011 Stacks so far, you going plain or varietal?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been busier than I thought when it comes down to it, really hope this doesn't come off as poncy or uppity or anything. All adds up the same for sure, and I have to say that I've been fairly around the way with the pile I've got so far this year. What's everybody else stacking at the almost midway point?

Here's what I got so far:

Aussie Kook run

Some old silver and old/new world gold

Too premiumy

Premiumy as well but whatever

Round the world cruising is what I'm working on. Think I need to hit Europe and S. America for the second half. Suggestions???

Comments

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    nice collection!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    in my short stack, i have a 2oz & 1oz 'k00k'
    majority is silver eagles, then 90% as WLH & washington quarters.

if i find a nice art bar or 3, i'll grab that as well.

BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • My stack so far is about 95% 1-oz silver art bars with a lot of them rare silver art bars that were minted in the 1970's. With silver art bars, I have variety. What I mean by variety in my case is that the themes of my silver art bars have some variety in terms of various sports, TV, Coca-Cola, social, and economic, themes. The silver art bars in my small silver stack are fun to look at and it makes stacking silver fun IMO.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    most of this year has been ATB 5oz 2010, panda's and lunars. I have stayed away from ASE's once the price went above $40.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am adding better brand 5 oz and 10 oz bars to the stack to take advantage of the May sale on silver. Those purchases are based on getting the best price.

Simultaneously I am on the lookout to add interesting examples of Engelhard old poured bars.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, just added another 3.8gr of white gold to the stack, in the form of a dental crown. Apart from the fact that it feels like Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me in the jaw, I'll actually get a lot of use out of this purchase.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, just added another 3.8gr of white gold to the stack, in the form of a dental crown. Apart from the fact that it feels like Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me in the jaw, I'll actually get a lot of use out of this purchase. >>

That's funny. Back in the 70's - 80's, I had to have 3 crowns and the Dentist asked if I wanted gold or porcelain. I said gold, as it was an investment. Well, I have had to have two replaced in the last couple years and my Dentist wants to replace the other. So, my gold stack is slowly growing in more ways and one! image