Home Precious Metals
Options

Mark Haines RIP

57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
image i can't really say if i enjoyed more looking at Erin when she was on CNBC or listening to Mark on "Squawk"

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know he was sick. Wasn't all that old either. That's too bad.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed them both. I loved the way he seeked out the truth when interviewing someone and Erin is a quality journalist in her own right. (and being easy on the eyes doesnt hurt either image )
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭
    Morning coffee won't be the same without hearing Mark's voice in the mornings image
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Just saw him just the other day on Squawk. That was sudden. He will be missed. I only watch Squawk in the mornings. Nothing else.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoyed them both. I loved the way he seeked out the truth when interviewing someone and Erin is a quality journalist in her own right. (and being easy on the eyes doesnt hurt either image ) >>

yup, he wasn't afraid to play devil's advocate and didn't kitty foot around. BTW i think Erin will be on CNN starting June.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Morning coffee won't be the same without hearing Mark's voice in the mornings image >>

I'll drink to that. I saw him last on Friday & had no idea he was sick.
    One of the good guys...not to many left.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    He asked the tough questions when no one else would.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad. I respected his comments. He will be missed.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    I've enjoyed listening (satellite radio) to him for years, I'll never forget his Barney Frank interview. Never one to lob up softball questions, he used the high heater. He will be missed.image
  • Options
    OK, I'll say it. He was the only one of the TV talking heads that is/was actually worth a damn. He could think for himself, spoke his mind, and did not mouth the official party line. He will be sorely missed.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't realized that Erin Burnett had moved on to CNN, until today when reports of Mark's death came out today. Does anyone know the cause of death yet or whether it was expected in any way? He was a very good, level-headed anchor who I enjoyed alot. RIP, Mark.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I throughly enjoyed his work. When I was trading full time I had to have CNBC on in the background as they could actually move the market at times. He and Santelli made it tolerable. I will miss him.................MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a straight-shooter.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love you Mark. God Bless. image
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dang, I really liked Mark. He and Tim Russert seemed like real newsmen to me, will miss them both.

Erin's got incredible je ne sais quoi image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Mornings certainly won't be the same w/o him. He was a straight shooter with integrity. Hey Mark, even we hard money folks have much respect for you!
  • Options
    agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    What a shock. I will miss him on Squawk
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, I'll say it. He was the only one of the TV talking heads that is/was actually worth a damn. He could think for himself, spoke his mind, and did not mouth the official party line. He will be sorely missed.[/q

...Joe Batapaglia too.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved his attitude and I'll surely miss him.
    May he rest in peace.

• Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Same feelings here, RIP Mark Hainesimage--------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree