Home Metal Detecting
Options

Looking for a Nice Metal Detector

Just missed out on the one that 'goingbroke' was selling. Does anyone else have a nice one that they'd sell? My girlfriend and I are really into gold hunting.

Thanks to all!
www.arcticcrush.com

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of gold hunting? Jewelry at the beach and in parks? Nugget shooting in streams? It does make a difference. The best gold prospecting MD is the White's TDI. Second is the White's GMT. Most any good MD will find jewelry at the beach or park. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks RickO for your help.... I'm just starting out so I need all the help I can get. Not as interested in jewelry in the parks as I am the nuggets in the streams and surrounding shore. Would really like to find a nice MD for a good price. What does a Whites TDI run? What about the GMT?

Thanks again for all of the help.
    www.arcticcrush.com
  • Options
    Glad to help, check the White's site for standard pricing... then, if you have a dealer near you, visit and talk a bit, get some demonstrations. Dealer prices will generally be lower than catalog. If no dealer near you, I suggest you visit www.metaldetectingforum.com and join (free). They have some dealers there who are giving excellent price breaks. Good luck, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Rick,

Thanks a great suggestion, I'll definitely do that. I'm taking my mother to gold country (Northern CA) in september so I hope to find some cool stuff. Thanks again for the help and suggestions. It's good to have people like you on here.

www.arcticcrush.com
  • Options
    image Awww shucks... thanks,..... image Cheers, RickO