Home Metal Detecting

As horrible as it is

The huge tornado in Joplin that decimated 30% of the city, I can't help to think of all the gold or silver that was cast by the winds. Certainly somebody that was hit had some.
"If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

Comments

• sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭
    It is a devastating thing when a catastrophy hits. When people lose their homes and possibly their loved ones, material items don't seem so important.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no doubt that some collections were scattered.... that is a horrible disaster. When I was visiting my daughter in NC, we drove through the neighborhood that was tornado hit a week or so before Easter. What decimation... TV pictures do not have the same impact... it was horrible. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think its more of the lost lives that makes it stink all the more. i wish them the very best there with many prayers to boot
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I got my detector there had been a tornado about 25 miles from us. A person that had lost his home contacted my neighbor who had a detector to help look for his silver dollars. He didn't find them all be he did find a good portion of them.
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never gave that a thought.What I did think about after the people
    were the poor animalsimage What a mess.
  • I live 60 miles from Joplin. It knocked out our cable 5 days. People are really giving support to the survivors. My step son collected about $400 in goods and took it to Joplin. He lives in Tulsa. This happens after we had just sent $100 to the Japan relief through the Red Cross. My grandson was on his way home from the Joplin Mall when it hit. It took him a couple of hours to get home as he had to find roads that were clear of debris to make it home. They are in a world of hurt.