Home Precious Metals

X face of silver today

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are buyers paying for silver X face today?

Comments

• InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭
    For 90% silver, at closing price of nice round $35, if you have a calculator, take the closing price and multiply by 0.715 and that is ~25X face.

since I don't have a calculator on hand at all times, every $7 oz/ silver is ~ 5 X face; $14 ~ 10X ; $21 ~ 15X; $28 ~ 20X, and so forth to $35 / oz today ~ 25 X as the melt value. Now, to answer your question, I don't know if buyers are paying all that or not or sellers getting all that.

Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Dealers were paying 23x on saturday at the coin show and silver is still in that same area. So 23-25x
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    For 90% silver, at closing price of nice round $35, if you have a calculator, take the closing price and multiply by 0.715 and that is ~25X face

That's for Dimes, Quarters & Halves and Halves usually carry a premium.

What's it for Dollars? If I remember correctly it's .773 x face? So if you Spot is at $36, 36 x .773 = $27.83 per Dollar. That's for your typical, common date, avg. grade stuff of course.
    More with Dollars than anything else, most people want to factor in the grade of the coin. So that $27.83 (based on $36 Spot) is merely a starting point.

Dollars that are culls, meaning they are bent, damaged, slick like a pancake, etc. will be less...say $24-25.
    Dollars that are common date and still in decent condition, F-AU, those will go for a bit of a premium...say $29 based on this example.
    Dollars that are UNC-BU go for a larger premium and the value is usually negotiated.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    There is 0.7234 troy ounces of silver in $1.00 worth of 90% US Silver coins except silver dollars which has 0.7735 troy ounces of silver. Keep in mind this is for "like new" coins, not pancakes. Generally, the guys I see buying it, weighs it and pay less than spot for the number of troy ounces you are selling.

I would weight it, bag it by 1, 5, or 10 troy ounces (depending on how much you have) and take it to them that way.
  • fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>Dealers were paying 23x on saturday ... >>

last sat the local B&M was paying 22X face for 90%

ASE - they were paying melt
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk