Home Precious Metals
Options

Justacommeman and I at The Garden Of The Gods

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
Look who I ran into last week out in Colorado Springs:
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    What an amazingly beautiful place Tom. My wife's aunt lives in Co Springs, and we always make it out there for the fabulous views. How was the ANA museum?
  • Options
    Good as always, though they had just taken down one exhibit in the basement to put up another. The Civil War exhibit was great.

Had a nice chat with Curator Doug Mudd about the 1804 dollars they had on display, and the recovery of the Linderman Specimen.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    hilarious! image
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago and they had a huge sign with the XX guy around the Monte Carlo ...I told my wife to take a picture, but we were late to a show and just didnt make it.

Good thing she never asked me why i wanted it...would've been hard to explain without sounding weird ..."see honey there is a guy on coin forums with an avatar and ...ahhh "

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol - that Justacommeman - he does get around!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    just too frickin' HILARIOUS

did you take the cog train to Pike's Peak?
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

He is indeed a man of men.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Which one is which?
  • Options

<< <i>Which one is which? >>

I'm the one with the beard........

• Options

<< <i>just too frickin' HILARIOUS

did you take the cog train to Pike's Peak? >>

Yep! Used to love to drive it when I lived out there, but am out of practice. Did buy a t-shirt for my brother, who also lived out there:

"REAL MEN DON'T NEED GUARD RAILS!"

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great.

I'm going to Berlin Tuesday and I'd love to see MJ at the Brandenburg gate. image
  • Options
    Too funny! I'll add he's much taller than I expected. image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Too funny! I'll add he's much taller than I expected. image >>

CaptHenway is actually shorter then one might expect. We did exchange beard grooming and lady tips. I also got his autograph.
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    Kindly notice that while MJ is primping and posing (which is his forte) for the camera, Henway's lifting MJ's wallet.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's funny!image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Kindly notice that while MJ is primping and posing (which is his forte) for the camera, Henway's lifting MJ's wallet. >>

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw one of those standups at a local Applebees and was tempted to take a picture with it, but opted not to. I figured the real Justacommeman wouldn't ever eat at Applebees image
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!