Home U.S. Coin Forum

RIP Harmon Killebrew. Our prayers go out to his family. A special message to his family members rig

2»

Comments

• Rest In Peace great legend! In nomine Patris et fillii et Spiritus Sancti.
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    My prayers go out to Harmon and his family.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    As a Rod Carew fan, Mr. Killebrew was a big help to Carew in his early year's with the Twins and they remained friends.

A class act all the way.

Loves me some shiny!
  • ksammutksammut Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭
    RIP - You were one of the greats on and off the field!
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While hitting the yard sales several years ago I came across this Minneapolis Tribune metal ruler featuring the Minnesota Twins baseball schedule for the 1963 season. I had Harmon autograph it for me and asked that he include his uniform number on the image of the ballplayer since it is obviously the image of him. Of course he graciously obliged.
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Very sad to hear this newsimage. He was a great man and one hell of a slugger. My prayers go out to his family. He will be missed. May he rest in peace......Joe
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I rarely respond to OT threads but will in this case.

Killebrew was always one of my favorite players even though he had a penchant for
    beating my favorite team. I saw him play a few times. Once on TV I even saw him
    thrown out at first on a hard hit grounder to right field. This was late in his career
    and testament to how hard he could hit the ball and how long he played even after
    he got pretty slow.

I can only wish him the best. >>

Totally agree. One of the greatest home run hitters of my childhood. I was amazed that he entered the majors at 17 without spending a day in the minor leagues. A man who gave back to the game as a selfless ambassador. RIP.
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    he is always a favorite of mine, too

my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my Grandfather had retired to Minneapolis, he was an avid fan of the Twins and when I visited him a Twins game was always on. Of course, Harmon Killebrew was their cameo player. Rod Carew came later. Thanks for the sweet memories, Mr. Killebrew.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Wow! I have never seen such a positive outpouring from people after anyone's death. This is a great tribute to Mr. Killebrew. I am 51 so I remember seeing him play. May he receive his final reward now.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I was fortunate to meet my idol around 1987 at a card show he was at.

A truer gentlemen I've never met.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    It's a must that I add to this thread. I'v never met Harmon Killebrew, as many here I had an interest in base ball when Mr. Killebrew Was playing in his early years. After reading these posts they bring to mind and the posts just seem to show me that I am not incorrect, as too always when I heard the name Harmon Killebrew I seen him as some sort of gentle giant, powerful person a good man. Harmon Killebrew, God Bless you and your family and friends.
    D.A. Priest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file