Home Sports Talk
Options

OT Derby picks

Anyone have any derby picks for tomorrow? I have it narrowed to three Archarcharch,Nehro and Mucho Macho Man.

Comments

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭
    The only thing I know about Derby is that it is a street 2 streets over from me. As for that thing in Kentucky, might as well be a petting zoo. image
  • Options
    Archarcharch , The Arkansas Derby Champ has a good track record at Kentucky Derby.

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I have a $20 exacta box going with

Master of Hounds
    Dialed In
    Animal Kingdom
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Drop it all on Midnight Interlude. Paid huge for me at the Santa Anita Derby. Closed big!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Drop it all on Midnight Interlude. Paid huge for me at the Santa Anita Derby. Closed big! >>

Mike - I wish but the Santa Anita horses never do well in Kentucky.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Drop it all on Midnight Interlude. Paid huge for me at the Santa Anita Derby. Closed big! >>

Mike - I wish but the Santa Anita horses never do well in Kentucky. >>

I know, Jim. Just let me have this one. HA!!! He paid me 12-1 and I covered all the days losses and more (I was shut-out to the last race) with $20 on him.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    Master of Hounds, of course !

Rhea (aka MooseDog-RIP) and Trixie

Astro

FWIW here's a link to a Kentucky Derby article I did for my work with a few "out of the box" picks as well as my top four at the bottom. Take note it was written earlier in the week before Uncle Mo was scratched.

TrackMaster Derby Blog
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I have to go with Archarcharch. Come on.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Animal Kingdom takes the win.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    $10 across the board WPS 16 - time to go back down to the OTB...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 16-19-3 triple...so close..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    had the tri box and ex box 13, 14, 15, 16

close again...

my wife gets tired of hearing it...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I hit the last pick three essentially doing animal kingdom and arcarcharch with all the horses in the following 2 races. Missed all of my triples which sucks because AK was my horse. Still a big hit on the pick 3 so i'm not complaining, especially since this is the first time my pick has actually won the derby.