Home Precious Metals
Options

In Celebration of Bear!

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

In honor of Bear, I have forced myself to learn how to upload pictures from the camera I bought two weeks ago.

I thank PiecesOfMe for writing out the instruction on how to do so the other day in the thread about putting pictures in BST.

The bar was bought in by my former employers the other day. It was originally bought from the First National Bank of Chicago's bullion department on January 11, 1980. The buyer pair $40.75 per ounce for it. He brought it in to sell because he was finally making money on it! Yes, there still are people out there like this!

Well, here goes nothing. I haven't figured out yet how to size pictures or anything, so I have no idea how this will look.

TD
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    Good heavens, it worked!
    Now I can go to the safety deposit box and shoot my 49 oz. assay office gold bar!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

Another picture, this time with original 1980 receipt.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Captin,

I've been yurnin to learn the pic thing myself, good imageimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options

Backside of the bar. Apparently things were so crazy in January of 1980 that they delivered a 101+ oz. bar on a 100 oz. sale just to complete the transaction. This may have been the only thing they could get. I do not recall ever hearing of Bear Paw before.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    That thread title had me nervous there for a minute.
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the photo learnin! Let's see that gold brick.
  • Options

<< <i>Good heavens, it worked!
    Now I can go to the safety deposit box and shoot my 49 oz. assay office gold bar!

image >>

Holy ***T!

That would be nice to get a glimpse of that!
  • Options

<< <i>That thread title had me nervous there for a minute. >>

Changed it for ya.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

The link below from the sportscard forum has quickly taught
    many folks how to post pictures.

how to post pictures

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭

<< <i>That thread title had me nervous there for a minute. >>

Hey, don't worry, I ain.t dead yet. In fact, I feel better then I have

in a long time. Fuzzy bear will be around for a while ,

the Good Lord willing.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Two paws upimage
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    If I recall, thats actually a pretty rare bar. However since its a 100 oz bar, the premium won't be as big as say a smaller Bear Paw Mining silver bar. Cool bar, thanks for posting a pic!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

<< <i>If I recall, thats actually a pretty rare bar. However since its a 100 oz bar, the premium won't be as big as say a smaller Bear Paw Mining silver bar. Cool bar, thanks for posting a pic! >>

I am sure you can buy it this morning at the current spot price plus $1, cash or check.
    TD