Home Precious Metals

Pucks and Eagles....

Yesterday I was able to buy 2 of the ATB 2010 P Hot Springs pucks. I was able to get my 2 orders processed
before the site crashed so hopefully my order will get filled.

By chance, I decided to stop by one of the banks I do regular business with and asked them if they had any ASE's. I
remembered that in the past they had a display case with some in them but recently had just completed a full
renovation of the bank and the display case is no longer there.

The teller told me they did have ASE's and wanted to get rid of them. I asked them what they had. She said they had
12 2009 ASE's and 11 2010 ASE's @ $36.95 each. It was then my knees went weak and I lost concentration of what
else they had.

I regained control and heard her say she also had 45 2011 ASE's for $52.95. I told her I wanted to buy some of them and
she asked me how many?

What do you think I told her?

Comments

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You told her you'd think about it? Maybe one of each? image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me guess. image

You grabba 'd them all?
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You asked her to change the dates on the 2011s to 2010, right?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315

<< <i>Let me guess. image

You grabba 'd them all? >>

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • You told her I will buy them all if you honor the $36.95 price, after all it is the same coin only a different year, why should you pay a premium for the 2011's image

• << <i>You told her I will buy them all if you honor the $36.95 price, after all it is the same coin only a different year, why should you pay a premium for the 2011's image >>

lol...that would have been nice.

I bought all of them. She looked at me like I was a nut but after I bought them, I explained to her why I bought them. It didn't seem to
    register with her even after explaining it to her.

Some banks do carry mint products so others out there might want to check with their banks and see if they have any left over silver from
    years past. Might be eagles, silver proof sets, silver uncirculated sets, etc. Obviously they don't pay attention to the price of silver and probably don't even care.

All in all I picked up 78 ounces of silver yesterday and couldn't be happier!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good score...U should check out some of the other branches belonging to that bank.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank name? image

• << <i>Bank name? image >>

Local bank here. No branches.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've bought eagles at the bank before. Nice score, I would have grabbed them all too.