Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sterling Sports Auctions

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to announce that my inaugural auction is now open for bidding on my site, Sterling Sports Auctions. It features 525 lots of PSA and SGC graded sports and non-sports cards from a variety of sports, years and issues. All lots are offered without reserves and the overwhelming majority of the auction is opening up at $10 per lot to encourage bidding and let the auction dictate the price. Bidding ends May 19. Paypal is an accepted form of payment for auction invoices as well.

For those of you who may not know me, I've been on this board for almost ten years but took a two and a half year hiatus while I worked at SGC. After leaving my position there in August 2010, I've been buying and selling cards full-time and have had the pleasure of dealing with many of you through deals made on the site or on eBay under the username vintagecardconnection. This new auction company, Sterling Sports Auctions, was created this year and the past several months have been spent getting this first effort ready.

I encourage you to check out the site as there might be something that interests you. There are cards from 1881 to 2001, singles and sets, graded and raw, sports and non-sports. I also encourage anyone interested in selling cards they may have to please consider contacting me to discuss your options. Several board members have consigned to this first auction, and I think the process up to this point was as smooth and easy as you could expect.

Some highlights of this auction include:
    1952 Topps #311 Mickey Mantle RC SGC 40
    1952 Bowman Small #29 Hugh McElhenny RC SGC 96 -- highest in the hobby
    1933 Goudey #181 Babe Ruth SGC 80
    1911 T205 Addie Joss & Bobby Wallace No Cap -- both variations -- SGC 50
    1971 Kellogg's Baseball PSA 10 Partial Set Sold As Singles (37/75)
    1963 Topps #200 Mantle & #537 Rose RC PSA 8
    1911 T70 Historical Events Complete Set -- #1 SGC Registry
    Complete 1954 Topps Set -- Graded & Raw -- Hank Aaron RC PSA 5
    1954 Bowman #66 Ted Williams SGC 80
    Selection of Cards from T3, T205, T206, T209, E90-1, E90-2, E90-3, E91, E92, E94, E95, E101, E103, N29, Colgan's (Regular, Square Proof & Red Border), Cracker Jack, Goudey, Tattoo Orbit, Play Ball, Leaf, Bowman, Topps, and more!
You can visit the auction lots here.

You can sign up for a user account here.

Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail with any questions, suggestions, or to talk cards.

I hope you enjoy the auction as much as I enjoyed putting it together.

Thank you,

Brian Dwyer
Email Me
845-849-1276

Comments

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Nice site Brian. Good luck with your auction company!

Mark
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    FYI to everyone, Brian is one of the most honest people in the industry. Im happy to say I consigned with him and I bid in his auction knowing that none of the other FBI investigation-able offenses going on with the other AH's, go on with him.

Good luck buddy, you deserve it! The hobby needs guys like you

Joe
  • Options
    congrats brian...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    I put in a couple bids.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to a couple items myself,thanks for the info!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian is the best and he takes his reputation seriously. Knowing him personally, I would recommend his Auctions to all.

Best of luck to you, Brian.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Thank you for the nice words Mark, Joe, Rick, and Donato...also appreciate the bids GoRaiders and CrazyMind2017!

I wanted to answer a few questions that I've received from multiple people in case anyone else is wondering.

With respect to payment, Paypal is accepted and there is NO additional fee for paying this way. I want to make the buying process easier and pay my consignors quicker, so I've decided to absorb the cost of Paypal fees for those who use it. Check and money order are still accepted with no problem.

I have an ongoing consignment deadline meaning that I can accept consignments at any time and will put them in the next scheduled auction. Anyone looking to have cards in the June auction would need to send them to me by the end of May. I can forward a contract and packing list to anyone interested.

I charge a 0% seller's commission on single graded cards meaning you'll be paid 100% of the final bid amount and I collect only the buyer's premium. Rates for ungraded cards or sets vary on a case by case basis.

I will be paying consignors as soon as I receive payment for their items. There is no 45 day waiting period as there is with other auction houses. If I receive payment the morning following the auction, your check will follow immediately.

If you haven't bid with an auction house before and are concerned that you don't have a reference to put on the bidder registration form, don't worry. You can use an eBay ID and PSA Msg Boards and your application will be approved.

Please feel free to PM, call, or e-mail with any questions.

Thanks again!

Brian
    845-849-1276
    brian@sterlingsportsauctions.com
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Brian ... best of luck with your Auctions. I just signed up.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone.

I've been on these boards for a few days now and rarely endorse anyone or thing...

But, I can honestly say that I've known Brian for quite a few years and trust him without reservation.

So, I give my thumbs up to his new auction and only ask that people check it out and give him a chance.

Good luck to everyone bidding and happy hunting!!! image
    Mike
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just a heads-up that the May Auction ends tonight at 10 PM EST. It's not too late to register. Applications are being reviewed and approved almost immediately where possible throughout the day. You can register here.

The full auction is available for viewing here.

I am available by phone or email all day and through the auction closing if you have any questions.

Thank you to all the board members who have bid, consigned, done both, or just offered support.

Best of luck tonight.

Brian
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>

But, I can honestly say that I've known Brian for quite a few years and trust him without reservation.

So, I give my thumbs up to his new auction and only ask that people check it out and give him a chance.

Good luck to everyone bidding and happy hunting!!! image >>

+1,000

Best of luck Brian with your auction tonight!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck Brian! Very nice Auction #1

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Put a few bids in myself. Good luck with your stretch run tonight.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian...

You're in the home stretch of your debut auction.

Wish you the best...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Great auction Brian. I hope to win some lots tonight.
  • Options
    Good luck Brian.
    Mike
  • Options
    Already have an invoice the next day when I check my e-mail at 6:00AM the next morning image
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The invoice does not have the email address to send the PayPal payment on it. I have pmed Brian and hopefully he can rectify that for all of us who wish to send payments that way.......
  • Options
    Thank you for all the bids--I'm happy to see that several board members took home some items last night.

You can send Paypal payments to info@sterlingsportsauctions.com. Some invoices have the e-mail on them and some do not, so I apologize. It's the first time I'm using this software.

Thanks again, and please don't hesitate to call or e-mail with any questions. I'm already accepting consignments for the next auction scheduled for June 9.

Brian
  • Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    BRIAN....JOB WELL DONE !!!!!! i won a couple of lots myself and glad you got off to a nice start..ivan
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Won one...

thanks... and good luck...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Won 4 lots, including 2 nice PSA graded 1955 Topps to add to my set nearing completion.

Thanks Brian.
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    Payment sent. Very nice first auction. Hopefully one of many for you. Thank you Jeff
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

"Above and beyond" for your first auction. Beautiful layout, visually pleasant. Nice work!

I love this item, I always had a passion for PSA 10s, and the unusual item!

This qualifies for both image

rd

(i.e., lot 12 @ $128)

imageimage
  • Options
    Got my lots today in what had to be record time (paid PayPal Friday night). Even the post office couldn't slow down the A+ auction.

• Options

<< <i>Got my lots today in what had to be record time (paid PayPal Friday night). Even the post office couldn't slow down the A+ auction. >>

Tops!

Congratulations to the winners. image
    Mike
  • Options
    Super fast delivery. Thanks for two of the nicest vintage cards in my collection.

A+ for Sterling.
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7