Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Has anyone called The Mint?

cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
To see what the new pricing is?

Due to the substantial rise in the market price of silver, the United States Mint had to change the prices of its 2011 United States Mint Silver Proof Set and 2011 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set to ensure that the market value of the silver contained in them was not higher than the cost of the products themselves. We recommend that you return to our online catalog or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-872-6468 for pricing prior to placing your order.
Many happy BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

...i think everyone is afeared. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    I'm waiting to call the mint to order the free 2011 dollar coin boards. They are about a month behind on their published schedule for that product.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting to call the mint to order the free 2011 dollar coin boards. They are about a month behind on their published schedule for that product. >>

...i would imagine the free stuff is furthest from their minds. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Look in the Federal Register. By law, the mint has to post public notice of price changes there before updating the web site.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    edix2001:

>>Due to the substantial rise in....>>

sorry, but the free stuff isnt free anymore image (i fully expect this answer)

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Do they also change their prices DOWN on non-silver proof sets that cost $16, $19, $26, etc, when the secondary market only values them at $4, $5, $6, etc?!image

Fair's fair!image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no. i dont want to know what it is right now either
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called like the website says to and guess what?

Customer service says they don't have a price yet either. image
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    I've called the Mint lots of things ... most of which I cannot repeat here .... image
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You expected more from a bureaucracy??? Tsk, Tsk,..... you have much to learn...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really have to watch out for which direction the wind is blowing some times.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have called the mint, in fact I have called them many unkind and malevolent things - unfortunately I cannot share them here.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't pry any rumors loose lately.

I've got nothing.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting to call the mint to order the free 2011 dollar coin boards. They are about a month behind on their published schedule for that product. >>

I note they are now out.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file