Home Metal Detecting
Options

Let's send Demodigger to the east coast!

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have two reaasons for this-- one 'cause he's a nice guy and deserves a shot at some colonial material-- two because he's digging up alla the good stuff in my neck of the woods! image

Seriously, though, I'd love to see Demo workin' a early 1800s dump site.
"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure I can find some places for him here in the NH. Some of the grand hotels here were built in the 1860s and some of their old dumps are still around... not sure how picked thru, but there's always something.
  • Options
    that would be a dream come true. i'm planning a trip to new mexico later this year. a friend of mine there has a dump, 3 miles long. i'm waiting for a local insulator show in july, to make some vacation money.
    i'll have to check on how much a trip to NH would cost. to be able to dig in a colonial era property would be awesome. i imagine it would be like the early spanish sites i've been to here.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you would do well in the New England area DD.... lots of opportunities. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The oldest, legal place I've found to dig that's interesting is a park right across from a mission in Carmel, CA. It's worth the drive even if you don't hunt to look over the display of coins, crosses and artifacts they've found on the grounds.

Demo, if you're ever interested, I can point you to Shark Tooth Hill in Scott's Valley. Usually about an hour of seiving will get you something interesting.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    i could talk for days about all the old places i've dug. i've been in a few early CA spots that gave me some 1780's reales. i used to dig seated coins almost every month for years. its getting tougher now. i'm older and demo sites are tougher to get into.
    my family is from New Bedford Mass and ive always wanted to get back there for some digging. i'd love to get some early LC's to finally complete my collection. what are the chances of digging a 1799 LC?
    carmel is a long drive. i was in monterey on sunday, saw guy detecting the beach there. i mostly dig with permisson on properties north of Palo Alto.